ESET and NOD

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by BK201, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BK201

BK201 Registered Member

Good day to all and I hope someone would help a stranger,

you see im playing a browser game known as "call of thrones" and one of my friends cant log in with some unknown issues therefore we start figuring out what might be problem.. to make it short we found out tha the reason why we cant connect is because of ESET smart security. We are limited with our knowledge about eset's setting but it doesnt seem allow us to connect to the Call of Thrones's server... our question is, Is there a way where we can solve this problem without uninstalling ESET?

I hope someone with a good heart hear us out and help us with our dilema. thank you very much. :(

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest the following:
    1, switch firewall to learning mode
    2, run the game
    3, switch firewall to automatic mode with exceptions

3. BK201

BK201 Registered Member

Thank you very much Marcos.

Can you explain to us why does this happen so that we can have a little knowledge about it.

Godbless. ;)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

In automatic mode, all outgoing communication is allowed and all non-initiated communication blocked. Perhaps in the case of the game a rule is needed to allow some communication coming from the game server. Let us know if my advice helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.