eset 5291 still won't scan TB 10.1 email

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ryker1, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryker1

ryker1 Registered Member

xp-pro-sp3---eset 5.2.9.1---TB 10.1

eset won't scan email on TB or Gmail--won't display a scan message on rec.-read-or sent message. I have tested this with the Eicar test virus and eset does not do anything to it.

When i was using TB 3.2 and Eset 3.2 ( I have these versions saved on my computer-so I know the vs. number is correct)--the scanning was perfect. Now--nothing.

Another problem--which is TBs' alone (not gmail)) if I enable pop3 protocal checking in Eset--it will shut down TB from rec. email but not sending.. Will do nothing to the gmail account accessed through TB. Gmail will still rec and send. Why? Go figure.

Any help for TB at all?

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Try the following KB Articles:

How do I add or remove the "checked by ESET" notification tags that are appended to my email? (5.x)

ESET will scan POP3/POP3S and IMAP/IMAPS email for the presence of malicious code while using Mozilla Thunderbird 6 and later or other email clients not listed above. Email will not be scanned for spam, however. The actual Antispam module with Smart Security is only compatible with TB up to version 5.

Unable to send or receive emails after installing ESET Smart Security (5.x)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.