eset 5 interactive firewall not working

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by msantana68, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msantana68

msantana68 Registered Member

Version 4 had simple app control. Am I missing something here? I scoured the settings and can't find anything. Played with hips setting but that gave me pop ups on app activity but not internet access. I have the firewall set on interactive but it is letting every app access the internet with no prompts.

Version: 5.0.94.0
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Clean Install

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Check out the following KB Article to switch the modes. If you've already found these settings and changed them accordingly, it may help to switch to Automatic Mode with Exceptions and then back to Interactive mode.

3. msantana68

Thanks for the help but it didn't work. Wierd thing is when I went to uninstall the suite from the programs uninstall it said this is only for installed products. Checked in control panel, uninstall programs and it wasn't there. I guess the install did not go as well as it seems. I had to use the eset uninstaller in safe mode to remove it, tried to reinstall and it would roll back with an error 3 times in a row. Would try and install 5 over 4 but alot of posts say I shouldn't. Man this sucks.

4. dwomack

Try running the uninstaller tool in safe mode 2-3 times in a row or however necessary until the uninstaller doesn't find any program files when you try to run it. At that point you can restart and try installing again.

5. msantana68

Thanks again, tried this and it will not install at all. It does not finish installing, rolls back.

6. dwomack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.