Errors in Creating Bootable Rescue Media

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MplsBob, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MplsBob

MplsBob Registered Member

My current computer with Windows 2000, which I have owned for quite some time is the most stable and usable of the PCs I have owned over the years. It just plain works.

I have just purchased and installed ATI 9.0 build 3567.

So I was quite surprised when I tried to create an ATI bootable rescue media on DVD and and as soon as I started the sequence I got an error-

"E00040010: Device is busy (0x40010)Tag = 0x8B7F8138EBD33EA5".

Immediately I fired up Microsoft word and successfully wrote my resume to the same DVD. Then I used Firefox to write an open Acronis page to it as well.

I also was quite surprised when I tried to create an ATI bootable rescue media on my Zip drive and and as soon as I started the sequence, I got three errors:

(1) "E0004000A: Failed to Create a File! Specified location does not exist or you do not have enough permission to write to this location. Check your permissions or choose other location,

(2) "E00040004: The Disk is Full! Select a disk with more free space.",

(3) "E00180007: Bad media! Provide another media and try again."

Immediately I fired up Microsoft word and successfully wrote my resume to the same Zip drive. Then I used Firefox to write an open Acronis page to it as well.

Seemingly ATI is unable to write to devices that other programs successfully use.

I am at a loss to explain this behavior.

NOTE-
    I do have Sonic's DLA (Drive Letter Access) program installed so that I can drag and drop files to my DVD. No drag and drop operations were performed in the above operations.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

The bootable TI Rescue device is meant to be on CD media, not DVD.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello MplsBob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home does not write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software. You can find more information on how to write images to DVD in this FAQ article. The ability to write images to DVD directly will certainly be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

In case all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to the above mentioned FAQ article and the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software is running in the "background", but you are still unable to write images to DVD directly, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Do you receive any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly do you receive them?

- Provide the exact vendor and model of your DVD burner;

- Let us know what UDF packet DVD writing software you use to format DVDs;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the files and information collected to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Please also note that as it is mentioned in Chapter 9 of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User's Guide "creating a bootable DVD directly from Bootable Media Builder is impossible". However, starting from build 3567 Acronis True Image 9.0 Home embedded Bootable Rescue Media Builder allows creation of an ISO image of a bootable disk which then can be burnt to DVD using almost any third-party DVD writing software.

As for the issue with creation of Bootable Rescue Media on your ZIP drive, please note that in order to be able to create Bootable Rescue Media on a ZIP drive this drive should be recognized as a removable media and not as an additional hard disk. Please also make sure that you have the latest drivers for your ZIP drive installed.

If that does not help and you are still unable to create Bootable Rescue Media on your ZIP drive then please provide is with the following information:

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- Let us know the exact model of your ZIP drive;

- Provide the exact text of the error messages that you receive upon the Bootable Rescue Media creation;

- When exactly do you receive these error messages?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the files and information collected to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Obviousman

Obviousman Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.