Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by xaloc, Aug 11, 2005.
is hung when creating image and informs into error 504(0x101f that I must do?
Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.
Could you please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem?
What exact error messages have you received?
I mean the text of the error messages, but not the code of the error.
When exactly you receive these messages?
Please describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.
Please also find the full version name and build number as it is shown at:
http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/ and let me know them.
What operating system is installed on your PC?
Tell me if you are trying to create an image from under Windows or when booted from special Bootable Rescue CD.
win xp pro sp2
acronis true image server 8.0 build 903
is hung creating image (windows running)
I have run into this serveral times. There seems to be an issue with one of the latest patch releases from Microsoft where explorer.exe keeps running.
The easiest way to test if this is your issue is to boot from the recovery CD and try to create the image from there. If it runs, then likely you are seeing the same issue I have.
Im not sure if the last explorer.exe patch is the issue or if its the way one of the software packages I have installed is causing it by the way it interacts with the OS.
Please collect the following information:
- Make a screen shot of the error message;
- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;
- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 8.0 log, which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;
Please also do the following:
- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;
- In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;
- Run Acronis True Image again and reproduce the problem;
- Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2.
Please send all these files to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.
Separate names with a comma.