Error ?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by CloneRanger, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Discovered this screenie that i tucked away under SD's commit folder yesterday & forgot about !

instr7.gif

It restarted & ran OK after that.

What does the error imply ?

TIA

2. CloneRanger

Just got some major type failures now :eek:

dep.gif

I keep getting different "instruction" numbers etc alerts about every 3 seconds. Also lots of extra oubound FW prompts, which were driving me mad, so i've denied for now. Prevx kept shuting down & restarting many times with similar errors each time. Now this, but it is running ?

prob.gif

Going to reboot & see & i expect everything to be fine :) Well hope so :p

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You may want to try just uninstalling/reinstalling - I suspect your HIPS has prevented Prevx from accessing its own components and therefore corrupted some underlying functionality.

Let me know your results!

4. CloneRanger

@ PrevxHelp

On boot today everythings back to normal :thumb:

Hi, no i don't believe it was anything to do with my HIPS. I think it might have been due to Atelier Web Ports Traffic Analyzer i was testing in SD. I was supposed to reboot for for full effect, but as i was in an SD session it wouldn't have worked ;)

It seemed to work fine without the reboot, but maybe it threw a wobbly & interfered with PSOL in some way/s ?

I'm going to install it properly & see how it goes :thumb: I'll let you know if i get any more problems :thumb:

5. CloneRanger

Here you go & they ain't pretty :mad:

Found out what i believe the problem was/IS & it's a BIG one

As you saw i it when i was testing Atelier Web Ports Traffic Analyzer (AWPTA) 2.34 that these problems happened & Prevx was experiencing ALL those errors & shutdowns/restarts.

I was testing whilst having ShadowDefender running so couldn't reboot to install the Provider. I presumed that even though AWPTA worked without the reboot, the errors etc should stop if i installed it. On reboots SD is no longer active, so i then rebooted & installed AWPTA normally & rebooted. I experienced ALL the same/similar errors & problems, which was a nasty surprise. Realising that obviously for some unknown "reason/s" AWPTA & PSOL don't like each other, i decided to uninstall it. Unfortunately by this time my comp had frozen & wouldn't respond to the keyboard/mouse. Did a reset which booted to the welcome screen, tried to type in the first character of my PW but it didn't appear & total lockup again. Reset again & tried to boot into Safe Mode, but got no further than the welcome screen etc again. Attempted multiple versions of Safe Mode & System Restore but got nowhere.

In other words it's fkd :mad:

Today i hooked my HD to another comp to delete Everything AWPTA related, replaced it but got the same welcome screen problems.

Hooked my HD to the other comp again & deleted Everything Prevx related, same ****

Thought i had a backup, but can't find it, so unless i do it's a TOTAL reinstall of Windows & ALL my settings & Apps etc to the C:\Drive At least my D:\Drive will be fine, some consolation though :(

Prevx you might be interested in this - snipped as per policy Jotti/Virus Total Results But I sent to PrevxHelp via PM - Maybe nothing but ?

I'm not blaming Prevx, but there is obviously some serious conflict/s between the 2 apps going on, which you need to be aware of.

I'm posting from another comp until i get it sorted.

Not happy, but **** happens

It talks about how to uninstall AWPTA in the Read Me file

View attachment README.TXT

But you CAN'T if you CAN'T boot :mad:

aw2.4.gif

Damn sure i will :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2010
  6. CloneRanger

UPDATE

That windows Registry install & maybe more, is corrupt beyond repair, even after some helpful advice from PrevxHelp & several hours spent with a friend of mine who runs an IT company :(

He used all manner of tricks including booting from ERD Commander etc to try & rescue it, with only partial success. So i decided we'd spent enough time on it % he reinstalled Windows into a new folder. Didn't know you could do that :D

So at least i am able to copy across ALL my folders with Lots of stuff etc in them, from the previous Windows etc folder to the new one ;)

I guess i won't be installing AWPTA ever again :thumbd:

7. incognitus

incognitus Registered Member

Just saw this thread - I just had an almost identical experience with Prevx (just posted it here 5 min ago: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=287084).

I got my system working again, but will likely do a fresh reinstall as the system was badly corrupted.

Interestingly, I have not used or installed any of the programs you mentioned, in fact I have not installed anything for quite a while when disaster stroke.

Any borked Prevx update maybe ?

8. CloneRanger

@ incognitus

Hi, VERY interesting that you also Suffered similar Massive problems & inconveniences etc etc that i did :eek:

I'm extremely surprised to to see someone else have to go through ALL this, & so soon after i did :( as i thought it was a one off & Totally related to AWPTA. Now it appears it might not have been ?

I've read your other thread & am following events with great interest. I sincerely hope that Prevx now appreciate that there is possibly a Major flaw and/or incompatability with something/s & get on the case ASAP, as i wouldn't like to have to go through ALL that again, or indeed i doubt Anyone else would either !

I'm glad you were able to at least able to do more than i could, & hope that no more problems occurr.

Regards

9. Rivalen

Rivalen Registered Member

How do I go about it to check the event log in win 7? I have some odd messages when browsing that there has been something wrong and IE will recover the sites I had up at the moment. It does recover so its a minor irritation sofar.

I would like - if possible - to determine if its IE only in the log or maybe some other app signals a wrong at the same instant.

I will not try to highjack your thread - if my - sofar - small errors doesnt seem related I will open a new thread. Now I want to learn how to see the event log in Win7 x64.

Best Regards

10. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

If you click Start - Run - and type eventvwr.msc, you will be able to navigate through the event log :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.