Error with push install

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Roelstra, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roelstra

Roelstra Registered Member

Hello,

I'm trying to push ESET Endpoint A/V to a client machine and I'd like to do it w/o the firewall or email protection aspects. I've added the REMOVE=Emon,Firewall to the command line for the installation package and run it but it eventually fails.

The logs on the client machine read

Product: ESET Endpoint Antivirus -- The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2711. The arguments are: Firewall, ,

I'm not sure where I'm making a mistake at. Any assistance would be appreciated.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

ESET Endpoint Antivirus does not contain a firewall module.

The firewall is a feature of ESET Endpoint Security.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Roelstra

Roelstra Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I could have sworn I saw Firewall on one of the test installs I performed.

I did the install using just REMOVE=Emon and it installed however the Email Client Protection features still appear to be included in the installation.

While I can certainly disable them through the policy manager it would be preferable that they not be installed period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.