Error while booing from boot-cd

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Remmer, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remmer

Remmer Registered Member

Error while booting from boot-cd

Hello all,

I have a problem, and I don't know how to solve it. I've made an image with A.T.I.S. v8. I stored the image on a partition on my 2nd HD and now I can't restore it.
    Each time I wanna use the boot-cd I get the same error: usb.c: error getting string descriptor 0 (error =-110)
    I have a Dell dimension 8300 with 1 sata-hd and 1 ide-hd. The image is stored on the ide-hd.
    Does anyone know how I can solve this problem, because I desperatly need to restore the image.

Thx

Remmer

Last edited: Sep 3, 2004
  2. Remmer

Remmer Registered Member

Re: Error while booting from boot-cd

Hello ya all,

I seemed to have solved the problem :D . When I disable the USB-support in the bios and then boot from the boot-cd everything goes well. I already restored the image.
    In my opinion this problem should not occur :blink: and I think Acronis has some work ahead to solve this issue. If there is no usb-support they should report it, otherwise they have to ensure that there is full usb-support :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.