Error Trying To Make TrueImage Boot CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by amarx, Aug 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amarx

amarx Registered Member

I’m using TrueImage 8 and when I try to create a bootable CD, I get an error message saying “Error Burning the Bootable CD.”

The drive works fine with every other CD burning application.

Thanks for your help

2. mdobbins

mdobbins Registered Member

I have exactly the same problem. Working fine otherwise, but is essentialy useless unless I have the security of a bootable CD on the road. Have asked tech support several time via e-mail but have not received a response. Will have to switch to a competitor if we can't get an answer very soon!

3. amarx

amarx Registered Member

And I don't have a floppy drive. Any suggestions?

4. Tipton

Tipton Registered Member

I had the same problem a few times when making rescue CD's. Heres what I do. When running the rescue CD wizard, it will ask you to insert a CD, and the next option is to click on "proceed". WAIT before clicking on the proceed button after inserting the CD into your writer. I was getting the error you speak of because I was clicking "proceed" right after putting the CD in. What was happening was XP would pop up and want to know what I wanted to do with the CD after putting it in. That would conflict with True Image trying to create the rescue CD.

So.....put the CD in your writer, wait for XP to pop up and ask what you want to do with the CD. Click on "take no action" and then click on proceed. I have not had any issues since I discovered this. You problem may be due to something entirely different though. Some people have their PC set up to not ask what to do, when putting in removable media.

Tipton

5. noonie

noonie Registered Member

You didn't mention what os, burner, or other burn progs you use.
    If you are using xppro (not sure of xp home), go to start>my computer>right click your burner>properties>recording tab and uncheck "enable cd recording.
    Quite a few burning progs, especially those that can stay resident, conflict with the windows burn engine. I'm not sure what engine TI uses, but it and your other burning engines may conflict. At the very least try uninstalling your other burning progs along with all their registry keys, then try Ti boot disk creator. This should tell you if you have conflicts or not. Please post your results and/or fix.
    Without more specs it's hard to guess.
    Good Luck

6. mgold

mgold Registered Member

I had the same thing happening to me today, after I upgraded my TI-6 to the latest TI-7 build (634). Fortunately, after reading noonie's post above I hit upon a solution:

It seems that any background process on the Win-XP machine that is enabled to write to the CDR/CDRW (like Drag-and-Drop) can interfere with the Rescue Bootable disc creation software.
    1. Do what noonie sugested and stop Windows accessing the burner. Go to the My Computer -> right-click your burner -> Properties -> Recording tab -> clear the checkmark on Enable CD recording.
    2. If you have installed any fancy CD burning software like, Roxio Media Creator 7, or Nero Ultra, etc, they all like to place some type of Drag-and-Drop feature icon in your sys-tray. Disable temporarily the Drag-and-Drop feature (exit the application) and create the disk.

Hope this will work for you.

7. playivorys

playivorys Registered Member

I also had this problem I made sure that I had only InCd (nero) running in the process list. It still failed but when I disable Norton AntiVirus it worked fine. Hope this helps it worked for me.

8. Connie77

Connie77 Registered Member

I'm running ME and I did everything you all said. Nothing worked. Finally the light went on! It says insert a BLANK CD. I had been using a new FORMATTED CD. Got out a brand new one and Viola! Amazing!

Thought I would post this in case someone else out there might be making the same mistake. (Surely not.) I will mention that I still had Norton Anti-Virus closed down. That may also be necessary.

9. Big Boy

Big Boy Guest

Thanks, it worked like a charm!

I first disabled CD recording, and the process went a bit further than before, but the CD got ejected, with 'Error burning CD...', before the burn start.

I then disabled Norton Antivirus, and the process went smoooth... :)

10. Penetrator

Penetrator Registered Member

Until Acronis resolves the "Error burning bootable CD" problem a work-around is available by downloading an ISO image of the boot CD and burning a bootable CD from the image.

~link removed~

Admin: Please contact Acronis Support for the download link. Sharing these links publicly is not permitted.

11. averyhug

averyhug Guest

do you have a work around for TI 7? Where can I get this boot img?

12. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi,

The TI 8.0 boot CD can restore TI 7.0 images but not the other way around.

Regards

13. Penetrator

Penetrator Registered Member

Click on the link that I posted to download the ISO image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.