Error Running NOD32 3.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Darkness51, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkness51

Darkness51 Registered Member

I'm running 32-bit vista, and I recently installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional, with SP1 and SP1 for vista. Then I noticed my NOD32 wasn't starting, and when I tried to start it, it would give me the message:

C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\egui.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.

It says to check the event viewer for more information, but doesn't tell me anything that seems helpful. Has anyone else run into this issue? I ended up installing 2.7, and that works fine, my guess is it's because of the GUI in 3.0, and some sort of conflict. I had tried reinstalling my VC++ Redistributable for 2005, as well as the 2005 with SP1, and even tried installing the 2008 ones, but to no effect, still got the same message. I had even tried uninstalling NOD32, cleaning my registry, and reinstalling.

I haven't checked my system files, but soon as I get a copy of vista, I'll do a system file check, if anyone has any other ideas or information, that would be great.

2. krypton_harsh

krypton_harsh Registered Member

have u installed any software that blocks u;r registry editin or startup entry??

3. Darkness51

Darkness51 Registered Member

From the time It was working and now? No, infact, not at all. The only thing I can remember installing was Visual Studio 2005 Pro, and the SP1 and SP1 for vista, for it. It seems to make sense that might be the problem, a lot of people seem to have fixed it messing with that, but not me, and it seems like NOD32 was the only program I could find -not- working, so I'm at a loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.