Error opening File

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cdikland, Sep 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdikland

cdikland Registered Member

During the course of a scheduled (incremental) backup the log records the following error

Error opening the file. (0x40007)
    Tag = 0xF35F747B3B21FA89

Any way to tell which file is causing this erroro_O

2. cdikland

This error occurs with 2-3 seconds of the backup starting and immediately before the partition being backed up is locked.

Noone ever had this problem beforeo_O

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Short answer is I don't know. But if you are doing an incremental based on an existing image and it happens before locking the partition my guess would be on the existing image file(s) that you are adding the incremental to.

4. cdikland

That was my guess until I did a full backup (files/folder not image) of this drive. Same erroro_O The verification of the backup is fine though:doubt:

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cdikland,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall the previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image prior to installing build 3677.

Note that you should create a new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem persists with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home, please check each partition the source hard drive (i.e. hard drive that is backed up) by Windows utility: use Windows menu Start\Run, then enter the command "chkdsk c: /r" "chkdsk d: /r" for every partition of your hard drive. Note that you will need to reboot your computer in order to scan the system partition.

Please also download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging, create a new file-based backup and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists after checking the hard drive and updating the drivers, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I expect that you are doing a file based, not an image, backup, otherwise, TI won't try to open a file.

If so, the error may be related to the problem described at http://www.standards.com/index.html?CreateFileFailure, and in a bunch of other threads in this forum.

Cowinkidentally, I just posted preliminary doc for the following http://www.standards.com/index.html?CopyMoveDeleteRename.

Due to such problems, it is unwise to do file based backups in TI. With an image based backup, one can mount he volumes and, perhaps, recover using proper programming techniques, e.g., with the CopyMoveDeleteRename program.

7. BanksiaParrot

BanksiaParrot Registered Member

I'm getting this message too.

This thread looks promising: the OP got some help.

Was the problem sorted out, though?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.