Error on reboot after uninstall of Acronis Disk Director

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jayrwv, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayrwv

jayrwv Registered Member

I installed Acronis Disk Director. For various reasons I did not like the software and uninstalled it. I wrote Acronis about a refund. Did not get it. They sent a link to do a total uninstall. I did take the link and apparently it uninstalled it. But on reboot I get a BSOD. I did a reboot in safe mode and reverted back to my last properly running system. And it does bootup and run. But at bootup I now get a message saying my (wireless) keyboard can't be found. But if I leave it alone it does eventually find it and goes on to bootup and XP SP2 runs ok. That delay of 30 seconds after the keyboard warning is unpleasant. It never did this before. Does anyone have an idea of what happened after I did the Acronis uninstall?

2. jayrwv

jayrwv Registered Member

I have found the error. During the Acronis cleanup utility it changed something in the registry. I ran a 'register repair' and it found 2 errors and fixed them. Not my computer boots up perfectly.

I thought I should post that I no longer have a problem. This is a great forum. Wish I had found it before I got in trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.