Error occurs while making Windows XP bootable Disk

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Tru_Snoop, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

Hi guys;

I am trying to make bootable disks for Windows XP Professional. I downlaoded the file from "http://www.m*cro$oft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=55820EDB-5039-4955-BCB7-4FED408EA73F". However when I click on this file I downloaded, an error screen shows up.........
    "16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem"
    "C:\DOCUME~1\Johan\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\makeboot.exe
    C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL.An installable Virtual Device Driver failed Dll initialization. Choose 'close' to terminate the application.
    It is a one error, but very big..... What does this error mean? How to fix it? Also, anybody know where to get "Windows XP automatted System Recovery Disk" or is it the same as other bootable disks?

Please Help.....................

2. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

If an error occurs when making a bootable disk, the company who made your computer aslong as it is still under warrenty usually will send you a replacement recovery disk free of charge as long as they feel you have not done anything wrong which could cause such a problem.

Jimbob

3. Tru_Snoop

Tru_Snoop Registered Member

My friend built the computer for me. However, I have fixed the problem by finding the registry file, "C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\S32EVNT1.DLL". The problem was that eventhough I deleted "NORTON SYSTEMWORKS", the registry files were still there. So, found it and deleted it.

Thank you for your help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.