Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 2. physical disk. Error reading secto

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Anhydrous, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anhydrous

Anhydrous Registered Member

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with this? I have not seen this on my pc before today but,I have installed many reatil copies onto customers comps and several say this same message and now I see it on mine.

I have only had this HDD for about 2 months at most so I doubt its the HDD so I'm leaning towards the possibility of a boot sector virus but would rather hear from you guys what it is for sure. Thanks in advance guys/gals ;)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi . This is not a boot sector virus . This appears because NOD32 cannot scan the second boot boot sector . If you have an music player or copies/printer plugged , NOD32 cannot detect boot sectors in them and cannot scan them . And the error comes . Try to scan with unplugged devices and you'll see it ;)

3. Anhydrous

Re: Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 2. physical disk. Error reading s

Ok,that makes sense for my pc but what about all my customers that I install NOD32 on? I certainly dont have my printer connected to their pc's and some times not all,I am reinstalling the OS and then installing NOD32,so their isnt any mp3 players or printers connected,any reason why this would occur ? Thanks again for the fast response. :)

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

5. Anhydrous

Re: Error occurred while scanning MBR sector of the 2. physical disk. Error reading s

thnx for the link m8.

The card reader cleared it all up for me.All the pc's that the customers had that error on also had card readers.Thanks a ton.I owe ya one ;)

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problem Anhydrous . You are welcome ! :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.