Error message when trying to "plug in" image

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jeremywms, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeremywms

jeremywms Registered Member

If I understand the program correctly, I have to "plug in the image" of my backup file in order to view the contents of the backup. I have done a full image backup and am attempting to "plug in" the contents of this backup. I choose "Plug Image" from the main screen and then select the final file of the backup on my DVD. Every time I try to plug in the image, I get the following error message: "Cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the backup archive."

Does anyone understand what I may be doing incorrectly? I haven't purchased the program yet as I am using the 30 day trial verson and want to make sure I can get this to work, i.e., that my images are really being saved.

Thanks,
    Jeremy Williams

2. jeremywms

jeremywms Registered Member

I have received an answer to this problem from Acronis technical support. Here is their reply, which does answer my question as I am backing up to multiple DVD-RW Disks:

Dear Jeremy,

The current version of Acronis True Image can explore image archive only if all its volumes reside in the same directory. If your archive spans over several CD-R(W) discs and you wish to explore the image(s), you should copy all volumes to a hard disk drive or network drive. A future version of Acronis True Image 8.0 will allow you to view each image on each CD-R(W). We apologize in advance for the current inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Best regards,
    Dennis Kurochkin

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jeremywms,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really glad to hear that you managed to solve the problem.

I would also like to note that you can find the answer to this and many other questions in Acronis True Image 9.0 FAQ.

Please also take a look at Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide for more information on how to use the product.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.