Error message when testing Acronis backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Nan Russell, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nan Russell

Nan Russell Registered Member

I have recently purchased/installed Acronis True Image Home 9.0. I have been making daily backups (first one of entire hard drive.....subsequent backups have been "differential" backps..

This evening I attempted to test the 'recovery' mode by deleting an unimportant file from "My Documents" and then attempting to restore it using the steps outlined in recovery. I received the following error message.

Can someone explain to me what it means? Thanks.....

Attached Files:

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

For some reason TI thinks the file is in use. Make the bootable TI Rescue cd, boot with it and then try to recover the file again. You will eventually want to know that that bootable CD will work when you need it anyway so better sooner than later. The bootable TI cd will have all the features you need for backup purposes.

3. MrDada

MrDada Registered Member

I created the bootable CD today using safe mode as suggested in this forum. I'd like to be sure that it works. How do I use the bootable CD to check it out?

Thanks...

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Boot your PC with the CD in the drive. You may have to change the boot order in your BIOS so the PC will go to the CD/DVD drive containing the CD first.

After a short time it should startup and ask if you want to run True Image or proceed into Windows. Select True Image Full and continue to the main screen which will allow you to Restore, Backup or Validate an archive. In effect, all of the same functions as the Windows version but you are now running without Windows.

5. MrDada

MrDada Registered Member

seekforever

I changed the boot order in BIOS setup moving CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive to the top line. It worked. Thanks for the tip! I guess I leave it this way.

6. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I leave mine that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.