Error message - TRd ww: Application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Darth_Vader, Dec 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Vader

Darth_Vader Registered Member

...I used to receive that message for some time when trying to start DVD Decrypter or WinISO, after I installed the trial version of NOD for the first time, then the problem was fixed somehow by itself, and lately I have uninstalled that trial and switched to full admin version 2.51.10 for all XP including x64 Edition (that's exactly what I have), so the problem has appeared again. However, If I change the startup type for the NOD kernel service to "manual" and after rebooting if I start those apps first, they start and work normally, and again - if after that I start NOD kernel service, exit the application and try to start it again, I receive the same error message.
    That's not what I can do all the time, cos there's a lot of network services runnind on my machine (including NOD update HTTP mirror), so I need that problem to be solved somehow.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Darth_Vadar, welcome to Wilders.

Just as a stab in the dark, could you please try repairing Winsock

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

3. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hello Darth_Vader and welcome to Wilders.

Which language version are you using? I am not experiencing that issue with the English version of the x64 Admin installation and those particular applications.

4. Darth_Vader

Blackspear
    rumpstah
    Hi folks, 10x, I appreciate yr replies.

Blackspear
    Will try yr suggestion immediately, and then report back on the results. Thanx especially for those lots of info which I found by yr link.

rumpstah
    It's Russian one, but the trial was English, causing the same problem. XP x64 is English, and no MUI is installed (afaik, there's no localized version nor Russian MUI for it, and actually I don't care).

5. Darth_Vader

Blackspear
    Well, I've just tried yr method, following the instructions as verbousely as it was possible, but unfortunately that made no use. Once I rebooted, I received mass error reports from my network apps about socket create failures (as it should be), and the "Network Connections" folder got just empty. Fortunately, I could use a "limited connection" icon for one of my four LAN connections (which exactly is the interface connected to an external ADSL router) and go to its property page, where I didn't uninstall the existing TCP/IP protocol (since it wasn't told in yr instruction to do so, and the "Uninstall" button was grayed and inactive), then I did everything as ya told to reinstall the TCP/IP protocol, then used the "repair connection" function (maybe I shouldn't? however, two other interfaces re-initialized automatically and some services started immediately after the protocol was reinstalled, and I couldn't prevent that). Once it was done, I didn't try to repair the services which failed to start and rebooted the system immediately, so all network stuff started working fine again, all connections have re-appeared in their proper folder, but trying to start DVD Decrypter od WinISO gives the same error as before.
    As far as I can see, my problem is no way related to any network service, but it shows out only with those two CD/DVD device, ASPI/SPTI using apps. However, such progs as UltraISO, Nero Burning ROM 6.x, and Exact Audio Copy (and many others) work fine.

6. Darth_Vader

P.S. Is there any detailed description of that error code, and what is TRd ww which is displayed as the error message caption? As I have found though Google, "TRd" is referred to in some sourced as related to Total Recorder; I have it in my system, but it's only remained program files from another OS installation, no system drivers are installed by that TR (considering especially that x64 doesn't support any 32-bit drivers, and there's afaik no 64-bit compatible version of TR). So I'd more probably beleive that TRd is an abbreviation meaning "thread", and ww meanss "window"; another piece of info I have found, was something about the "locked windows", but there's no idea what it may have to do with my problem.

Blackspear
    BTW, if I might go a little offtopic and askya a personal question: where did ya get yr avatar, and can I get the full initial picture of that amulet, or maybe even some info of it? It's kinda ancient Celtic, a piece of what I've been addicted with for years.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005
  7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

PM sent to you.

Cheers :D

8. Darth_Vader

ALL
    Well folks, it looks like I've solved the problem. I wrote to russian support service, they sent me a coppa adware/spyware search and system diagnostics util to scan my system and send the logs back to them, just what I did, but then I was just sneaking around and somehow exited the util named ATI Tray Tools or ATT, an excellent tunning util for ATI videocards by Ray Adams, an old buddy of mine (actually, I use to be a beta tester). That util has a 64-bit compatible lowlevel driver and therefore supports x64, its functionality is comparable with RivaTuner by Alex Nicolaychuk aka Unwinder.
    Well, so when I exited that util and the driver was stopped, any of the apps started successfully; BTW, the same problem used to appear also with FlyDS TV tuner frontend and network TV broadcast prog.
    So it looks like the combination of ATT and NOD causes that kind of problem (or maybe it's just ATT), it locks an area of memory and prevents those apps to start. I've already sent an email to Ray telling about it. Will hope that a fix should be out soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.