error message DKMS tree does not contain :snapapi26-snapapi26.c ???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BrianSNJ, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianSNJ

BrianSNJ Registered Member

I am trying to build and install kernel module as per the instructions in the How To for SUSE 9.3.

This is what I type exactly -
    # dkms build -m snapapi26(for module name) -v snapapi26.c (for module version) \
    (It goes to the next line perfectly)
    > --config config-2.6.11.4-21.8-default(for config file) \
    (It goes to the next line perfectly but the next line is where things go wrong.)
    > --kernelsource dir /usr/src/linux (I get this error message DKMS tree does not contain :snapapi26-snapapi26.c Build cannot continue without proper tree.

I am new to Linux and don't know, but I am going to guess I have the wrong version or info about the version of snapapi26 listed.

How do I determine the version of snapapi26? I tried typing ls /usr/src/snapapi* like the directions say...but I don't understand the results -
    . .. Makefile dkms.conf snapapi.h snapapi26.c snumbd.h snumbd26.c

2. BrianSNJ

OK...I got lucky and stumbled across the solution. Now I will attempt to install the built module.

3. BrianSNJ

It worked. Problem solved. The entire problem was not knowing how to type in the correct version of snapapi.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BrianSNJ,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Linux Backup Software.

We are very glad that you have resolved your problem. If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to ask us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.