Error message, can't detect firewall configuration

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Jager, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jager

Jager Registered Member

ESET says the firewall is active fine, but a couple of times I've received at error message that it couldn't detect firewall configuration or something. The last time was when I added firefox to the exclusions list for from protocol filtering(was doing a speedtest). I had just run some commands(netsh nt ip, netsh winsock) and restarted my computer before I did this.

Windows XP Professional 32bit
    Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter - WMP54g (connection to router)

My ethernet card (Atheros PCI-E Ethernet controller) is disabled. I didn't have this problem with 4.0.437, only since I updated(new OS install, no previous antivirus) to 4.2.40. I decided to disable the ethernet card then(so already disabled before I ran the netshell commands), this wouldn't be a problem would it, if it isn't used?

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

How come you are repairing winsock? What is the exact Eset error and does the reboot fix it? Disabling/enabling ethernet card shouldn't be the cause.

3. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

4. Jager

Jager Registered Member

Yeah it seems to be working normally now except for that message, just wanting to notify there is a possible problem. It might have duplicated the default rules in the firewall as well(i'm in interactive mode) but that's gone away now. Thanks for the help guys. :)

I was just repairing winsock to try fix a problem I have with browsing a site on the internet, though it might help... I have an issue with at least one forum boards where it hangs for ages if not forever on loading certain links to threads/forums, yet others load asap. Maybe its just the forum's server or database..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.