Error Imaging a Linux Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by bob-m, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bob-m

bob-m Registered Member

Using True Image 8.0 Build 768, on an older Pentium II computer running Windows 98 SE.
    I am trying to make a backup of the Linux partition. I have a new CDR/W disk in the G: drive.
    I can select the Linux ext3 partition, ask for a Full backup. When I hit "Proceed" it asks me to insert the first media (Which is already there), so I hit "OK", then it says

Error: E00040010: Device is busy. Please press Retry to continue with Volume {0} or press Cancel to cancel the operation. I hit "retry" several times and the error keeps coming back.

I had similar problems with a competing product, and it was resolved by my discovery that there were multiple entries in the Windows Registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ENUM\SCSI for the CD drive.

Are there any Registry entried I should look at for True Image?

What device is busy? What is Volume {0}?

Would it help if I attached an AcronisReport?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bob-m,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

First of all, please download the latest (800) build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

If the problem persists please try to use the next tips to solve the problem:
    - Eject any disc from the burner prior to starting the application;
    - Proceed until the program asks for a disc and opens the tray;
    - Insert a disc and then click the "Proceed" button to close the tray automatically as well.

If that doesn't help then we also recommend you to update third party CD writing software if any to the latest version available for free on its respective web site.

Also please try to create image in Safe mode (press F8 when Windows starts up and choose the Safe mode to boot) and let us know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. bob-m

bob-m Registered Member

Thank you for suggesting that I leave the disk out of the tray before starting the operation. That fixed the problem. :) .
    One confusing thing, though, is that when I start to edit the name to give to the .tib file, I get an error saying the device is not ready. If I just ignore that, all is OK.

You should know that the reason I bought True Image, even though my Drive Image is still working, is because of the support provided by people like you. It is appreciated.

I recently spent about a day's time resolving a Drive Image problem on my own. (There were 3 entries in the registry for the cd, each with a different deive letter).
    If Semantec chose to support the product they bought from PowerQuest, I would still be a loyal Semantec customer. No more!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello bob-m,

Glad to hear you have solved the problem.

The reason why you get the message that the device is not ready is that you have ejected the tray. Please press the "Ignore" button in this case. There will be no errors because of it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.