ERROR : ehci_hcd 00:1d.7: BIOS Handoff failed (104, 1010001)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mguven, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mguven

mguven Registered Member

Hi...
    I'm workind at Istanbul University as a Technical Support. And we need to backup clients. I heard about Acronis True Image too much and i am testing it since 3 weeks. Anyway mostly i was pleased from the Speed and stability of Acronis. until now...

I first tried acronis on the pc that i am using. I can backup my drive easly under windows xp, it just took 2 minutes to backup but when i try to restore from "Rescue Disk" version gives the error "ehci_hcd 00:1d.7: BIOS Handoff failed (104, 1010001)" after giving "Starting Acronis Backup" message. but it still continus to work. The Linux interface opens. After selecting image archieve and proceed restoring. Tells me "2 hours left" and decreases to 25 minutes very slowly. After 40 minutes past it says "22 minutes left". What i am saying is it works extremly slow. Image archieve is about 5Gb and its my "system image" which is located on drive C:. then i tried to Create image from Linux Interface and result is the same. i used both "Acronis True Image 9.0 build 2,302" And "Acronis True Image 8.0" both of them does the same. By the way in Linux Interface my drives letters changes.

My Bios is updated. and my configuration is below.

P4 2.8 533 Mhz Cpu
    Asus P800-X Mainboard
    4x 256MB DDR 400 Twinmos Dual
    200GB Maxtor IDE HDD

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Try the latest build of TI 9, it is 3633; a lot of fixes since 2302. Be sure you make a new rescue CD with the new version.

The drive letter change in Linux is not a problem, it uses a different algorithm for assigning drive letters than Windows. People find that meaningful volume labels help in identifying the partitions when the letters change.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mguven,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

As seekforever said above, you should install the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available in the Product Updates section of our web-site and create the new bootable rescue media.

If the problem still persists with the latest build, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc and press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet acpi=off noapic, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If that does not help, please boot your computer from the Acronis True Image rescue disc once again, press F11 key when the selection screen appears. After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, please modify it in the following way:

quiet ehci_hcd=off, click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

If the problem still persists, please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.