"Error during cleaning"

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by tryout, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tryout

tryout Registered Member

I've been trying out Ewido for a couple of weeks, and I'm puzzled.
    It keeps finding "Downloader.Agent.uj"
    at path "[some 3-or-4 digit number] VM_some 8-character alphanumeric".
    Status is always shown as "Error during cleaning".

What does this mean? Is it something Ewido could take care of if I were more knowledgeable? Should I do something manually to get rid of these? If so, how do I use those paths? (The only ones I understand are formatted like C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Computer Security\ewido networks\ewido anti-malware.lnk).

I'm using Windows XP, fully updated according to Windows Update, on a Dell. Cable internet, so we're always connected. He uses IE, I prefer Firefox, in case that's relevant.

Apologies if this has already been answered; I couldn't find it in about an hour of searching this site.

K

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

u could try running ewido in safe mode. as for teh path name, i think its scanning ur memory (running processes)

3. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Downloader.Agent.uj uses Ring 3 "Rootkit"-Technology. Unfortunately, ewido anti-malware is not yet capable of removing rootkits.
    You can get rid of this nasty by using F-Secures Blacklight:
    http://www.f-secure.com/blacklight/try.shtml

After you ran it please reboot your computer and do another scan with ewido anti-malware. Now it should get detected with the full path and removal is possible.

4. tryout

tryout Registered Member

Thanks, both of you, for the suggestions.

Peter, I'll try that later this weekend, and post what happens.

5. dave1530

dave1530 Registered Member

o_O I have the same problem. I tried the F-Secure Blacklight, then ran ewido scan agalin. I still gave me the "Error in cleaning" message. It's the Downloader.Agent.uj. this is really driving me nuts.any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Dave

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  6. dave1530

dave1530 Registered Member

I'm answering my own post. I forgot to reboot after running f-Secure. when I rebooted and ran ewido all was gone (29) total. I want to thank all for the help and advice and tips (downloading f-secure). My head has stopped spinning and all is right with the world (mine at least ,so far). Again many thanks to all

Dave1530 :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.