Error downloading file from update server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by HopkinsProg, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HopkinsProg

HopkinsProg Registered Member

Hey guys, maybe you all can help me with a problem I've had for a while now.

I am running NOD32 on Windows XP x64 SP2. Every single day, I get a message that the "virus signature database could not be updated". Typically, I get one successful update for the day, then it errors and won't work again until I reboot the next day. I get errors like the following in the logs,
    =====
    11/2/2008 10:57:46 AM Update Updater: retval = 0x1105, failures: 11 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    11/2/2008 10:57:46 AM Update Updater: compile error 0 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    11/2/2008 10:44:08 AM Update Error downloading file from update server NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    =====

My log file literally seems striped - one success, one failure, one success, one failure...

I have already reinstalled multiple times and cleared the registry and file locations as I was asked to do when I reported this issue a number of months back.

I am using the Windows firewall on this computer, which has exceptions in place for "ekrn.exe", "ehttpsrv.exe", and "egui.exe". I've even tried it with the firewall off, and the same results. I do also have a hardware firewall in place, but this issue has existed since before I installed that.

I have sniffed NOD32's traffic and I've watched it try to download "update.ver" from many locations. One such location is "http://u21.eset.com/eset_upd/update.ver". While NOD32 was apparently unable to fully (or correctly) download this file, I was able to access the file fine from within my browser.

Do you all have any suggestions to correct these errors? Thank you! :)

2. faust1200

faust1200 Registered Member

I've been getting the same exact error over the last few days. Never really had any problems before. My name and password are correct and I can ping to the eset server so I dunno. Using Vista 64 here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.