Error codes 502 - write error and E00040007

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by trooperchix, Dec 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trooperchix

trooperchix Registered Member

:mad:

I'm terribly frustrated. I run Win XP Home. I own Acronis TI 9.0. For some reason, when I try to backup the entire drive on CDR or on my usb external DVD writer, I receive the following errors:

Error code 502 - write error : this is after going through the wizard and it making an image on one disk but the second the above error displays. Then sometimes, I get E00040007 Error Opening the File, and it states it might be due to low quality disks. I've attempted different options, such as default settings versus high compression, etc. I've burned most of a day and two dozen cd's at this point trying to make the backup.

Please help before I return this software for a refund. Terribly disappointed.

2. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

There are several recent threads and dozens of comments on solving this problem in this forum. Do a little thread-hopping and you'll have your answers and some excellent background as a result of your reading.

3. JoeKaz

JoeKaz Registered Member

I have the same problem as trooperchix, except I have XP Pro, not XP Home.
    Error codes 502 - write error and E00040007
    What's odd is that it wrote the bootable CD OK but it won't write any archive CDs.
    I would like to know where all these other helpful and relevant threads are!
    I can't find them manually and neither can SEARCH.
    Thanks
    Help

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello trooperchix and JoeKaz,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 2337.

If the problem still persists with the latest build then please do the following:

1.) CD - recording issue.

Please disable Windows XP embedded CD recording feature (Open "My Computer", right click on you CD/DVD recorder and select "Properties". Select the "Recording" tab and uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" tickbox), try to create an image saving it to CD once more more and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists and you have Roxio software installed then please also try disabling Drag-to-Disk before trying to create an image to CD.

If that does not help then please provide us with the information requested below.

2. DVD - recording issue.

Please be aware that the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

You can find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

Please also note that the ability to write images to DVD directly will certainly be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame is not decided yet.

In case you have the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to the above mentioned FAQ article, but you still can not write your images to DVD, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon.

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text if the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Can you please also do the following?

- Start command prompt;

- Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder;

- Run "cdrecord –scanbus > scanbus.txt" command and collect the scanbus.txt file.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

6. JoeKaz

JoeKaz Registered Member

As I explained in a PM to Detox, this answer does not apply to my error.

:thumbd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.