Error Burning the Bootable CDR/CDRW

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rharris, Oct 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loveday

loveday Guest

I have recently downloaded a trial version. I too am unable to create a bootable disk. It won't let me do it with cdr/rw or floppies. I've just come on here and seen all the problems, and am now happy that I haven't bought the product and only using the trial. I don't expect all these problems when I buy software. So it's thanks but no thanks.

2. pytf

pytf Guest

Going through this topic, it seems to me that there are several and different issues here.
    Just to raise hope for some of you: what solved it for me is the trick with starting with an empty cd tray, continuing until the Proceed button, then inserting a blank CD and closing the tray, then clicking proceed after a few seconds.
    So in my casing this looks like a timing problem. Didn't have to disable anything or not boot in safe mode.
    Using CD-RW

Regards

3. hopeless

hopeless Registered Member

Top tip:
    As someone mentioned, Windows Media Player grabs the CD-RW drive. I closed this application and then had no problems burning a bootable CD.

Wahoo! :D

4. John Farrar

John Farrar Registered Member

I have had my first problems with creating a bootable CD from TI. Now using v8.0 build 791 I went to create a new boot CD and got the error message as above.

Bklein's method worked for me and the CD does boot into TI OK.
    Funny how previous versions did not give me this problem. o_O Using the latest versions of Nero also.
    HTH
    John

5. this works

this works Guest

I spent several hours myself trying to burn a bootable disk with TI8 (Build 791). Read solution after solution in these postings. Nothing worked.
    FINALLY, I did this.
    I have two CD burners in my machine. I went into control panel>system>hardware>device manager, and disabled one of the burners. With ONLY one burner enabled, I was able to burn the bootable disk...and it worked.
    WinXP Pro SP2

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hmmm, interesting.

How are your CD burners connected? e.g. CD1 as slave on IDE primary/CD2 as slave on IDE secondary or CD1 as master on IDE secondary/CD2 as slave on IDE secondary.

Also, which one did you disable and did it matter whether it was CD1 or CD2?

Regards

7. This Works

This Works Guest

Configuration is like this.
    Both are on IDE2
    Master is LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1213S
    Slave is TDK CDRW4800B

Master is the only one that will burn. After seeing your response, I tried to disable the Master and burn to the Slave. Wouldn't work (on my machine anyway). I enabled the Master drive again and disabled the Slave, it burned another disk fine.

8. this works

this works Guest

By the way...
    When I burn to the LiteOn drive, no other burning software is on my machine. I took it off last night when I was pulling my hair out while trying all the other 'solutions' listed on this forum.
    The disk burns fine using the standard Windows burning software and making sure the 'Enable CD recording on this drive' is checked under the Recording tab of the Properties page. I can burn at various speeds including 'Fastest'.
    However, if I uncheck 'Enable CD recording on this drive', the burn seems to work fine until the end. I get the usual Error message. BUT, the disk still works. While booting up, I got a message that said one of the USB ports failed to accept a new address, but my external USB drive was listed AND, I managed to image a partition to the external drive.

9. TheOne

TheOne Guest

May I suggest to the Acronis Folks that they give us the option of creating an iso file saved to the hard disk so that we can use whatever burning program to burn the rescue CD?

It would certainly ease up the process.

10. Hengy

Hengy Registered Member

can i second the request for iso file creation as, like so many others in this thread, i've tried all the fixes and no joy. i've got a cdrw and a dvd/cdrw, neither will work with TI, though they both work fine with other software (including backup software).
    i've tried all the fixes listed above, i've tried different brands of media, safe mode etc. disabling one drive doesn't work in my case (and what a painful way to to have to fix a problem, users really shouldn't have to jump through hoops like this)
    in my case TI doesn't even say it has failed, it claims to have written the cd successfully, but it is either blank, or in one, fleetingly hopeful, case the cd booted as far as the splash screen and then hung.

i give up; having wasted several evenings trying different fixes.

11. TheDeathBringer

TheDeathBringer Registered Member

Probably just a co-incedence but when I changed my CD media used for burning I was suddenly able to burn a disk (which boots and runs ok).

Strangely however the original CD provided in my retail box doesnt boot and I've tried that on 4 differnet computers!

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TheDeathBringer,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are glad to hear you have solved the problem. It may have resulted from CD quality or the problem may have been in old build. Please do not forget to create new Acronis Bootable CD each time you get the new build.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

13. DRL711

DRL711 Guest

My first day with this problem and software. Thanks to this forum it seems to be solved.

Running in save mode worked

or

turning off the Roxio drag to disk in msconfig \ startup worked.

Have not tried to restore image yet-but will let you know if it is bad news.

Thanks

dan

14. pwarren

pwarren Guest

Mr Moo's suggestion worked for me! When inserting a blank CD in your burner, you need to wait until it initializes before proceeding...

15. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello all,

Important Update

Anyone using Nero's InCD should download and instal the latest version (4.3.11.1 as at 6 March 05) if you haven't already done so. This version automatically disables the Windows XP built-in drag-and-drop CD recording facility that often causes a problem when creating the boot rescue CD. After installing this version and opening "My Computer", right clicking on the CD/DVD burner and select properties, you will find that the "Recording" tab has been replaced by one called "InCD".

Regards

16. wreeve

wreeve Registered Member

This problem still exists in TI8.0 build 800. The workaround that worked for me is disabling Roxio drag-to-disk using PC Magazine's Startup Cop Pro.

17. somebody

somebody Guest

This problem has surfaced each time a new version of TI was tried.
    Just experienced success - so maybe a solution has been found.
    * Stated TI
    * selected create bootable media
    * selected CD
    * opened CD draw manually
    * put CD-R on tray - DO NOT close draw
    * select "Proceed" - TI closes CD draw
    * finally success writing CD bootable media
    Hope this helps

18. buenavista81

buenavista81 Registered Member

Had same problem. Exit drag-to-disc icon in Roxio worked for me. Saw another post in this thread where the acronis folks recommended same thing.

19. paying user

paying user Guest

disable windows xp "allow burning"

My Computer -> right click -> CD Properties -> Recording tab -> uncheck "Enable cd recording on this drive"

solved the problem for me on windows XP / TI 9

However, Acronis really needs to address this issue.

20. RMD

RMD Registered Member

After trying just about everything, this finally worked for me with TI 7.0.638 on Win98SE

* Started TI
    * selected create bootable media
    * selected CD
    * opened CD drawer manually
    * put CD-R on tray - DO NOT close drawer
    * select "Proceed" - TI closes CD drawer
    * finally success in writing CD bootable media

Ross

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.