Error 35761: Request timed out (Cannot write file to disk)

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bradford, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradford

Bradford Guest

o_O

Anyone know why I'm getting this message everytime I want to download updates? Thanks in advance.

b.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

What anti-virus program are you using?

It's possible that there may be a conflict with your AV's "auto-protect" or "real-time protection" scanning. Could you try disabling it and then running Check for Updates again?

On the other hand, this may also be a firewall-related issue. What firewall/other security software are you running?

Also, what program is causing the problem - SpywareBlaster? SpywareGuard? And could you please provide some more details about your system? (Such as the version of Windows, etc.)

Thanks,

-Javacool

3. Bradford

Bradford Guest

Using Norton Anti-Virus Prof. Ed.

I'm able to download smaller updates (2 of the 3).

I'm running Windows XP Pro using a Linksys Router. I have anohte Windows XP Pro that doesn't seem to have the same problem. This only occurs with Definition Update (3) (2/29/04). It starts downloading...half way thru...the thru-put diminishes until it times out. Usually between 50KB - 90KB.

P.S. I don't have personal firewall turned on either XP boxes.

Thanks...

4. javacool

That's odd. :doubt:

Can you try manually downloading the file from http://www.javacoolsoftware.net/spywareblaster/sbdatabase2.dtb ? (Save it to your SpywareBlaster directory, overwriting the older file if present.)

Have you ever had problems downloading updates before on that machine?

EDIT: Is that computer connected via a wireless network? Or is it normal Ethernet? Is there anything different about the connections of the two machines?

Thanks,

-Javacool

5. Bradford

Bradford Guest

It was my Linksys Router. Reset all information and now it works fine. Thank you very much for all your help.

b.

6. javacool

Ah - well I'm glad to hear everything is up and running again! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.