Erratic Mouse under BartPE for TI 11 8101

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jsquareg, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

I downloaded the Bart Plugin from the Acronis site, installed it and created a rescue CD. I used 'Quiet, apci=off and noapci' as the paramters for the disk. The rescue disk works as expected except for the erratic behavior of my Microsoft USB Optical Mouse. A very small movement of the mouse results in a huge jump on the screen after a short delay. It is very difficult to use and I have to resort to using the Tab and arrow keys to select anything.

Has anyone else had this problem? And how may I solve it?

Thank you.

2. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Never heard of that happening to anyone.

Unplug every USB device and then put the mouse in the first USB port. Or if it's already in first one, try another USB port for your mouse.

3. jsquareg

jsquareg Registered Member

Putting the mouse on a different port fixed it.

Thank you.

4. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Cool, glad I could help :thumb:

5. Doug_B

Doug_B Registered Member

Jack,

Glad you got your mouse working.

FYI - From reading the original post, it sounds like the rescue disk you created is the one that is created using the bootable media builder functionality in the ATI windows version. This rescue disk runs a Linux version of ATI. In other words, installing the ATI BartPE plug-in on your Windows system with ATI doesn't result in the subsequent creation of the rescue disk being a BartPE disk. ATI does not support the creation of a BartPE disk per se; they just provide the plug-in for you to include when building a BartPE disk. Details on building a BartPE disk can be found by searching this forum, although if the ATI-created rescue disk now works for you / your computer, it's optional.

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.