erasing history

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by YODA, Aug 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YODA

YODA Registered Member

hey,

Does ne one know how to delete history stored by programs like picture editors, winzip, text editors, where it stores the last file that was access? I know evidence elimintor has this ability, but its not free; also heard some bad stuff about their company. Just wondering does ne one know ne free programs that can erase it or does ne one know how to do it manuelly?

btw i'm not talking about broswer history, cookies or cache

YODA

2. controler

controler Guest

Hey Yod@

I am trying out a program called CyberScrub and it look promising.
    Even though it checks the usual history, cash ect, it also has the option to add your files and or folders and do a search for JPG,GIG ect.
    It has the ability to delete files with how ever many passes you chose, including the Gutmann process. Here is the link.

http://www.cyberscrub.com

3. Jucabala

Jucabala Guest

the majority of the programs keep this info in the registry.
    If you want to erase you have to open regedit and find the keys. The keys are stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\(software name) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\(software name).

hope you understand...
    my english is not so good...
    :^)

4. snowy

snowy Guest

Jucabala

your english is better than mine....an I've been speaking it all my life....you did a great job.

snowman

5. YODA

YODA Registered Member

hey jucabala and snowman,

Ur english is good.... ummm hmmm i don't know much about playing around with the registry, first of all i don't really like messing with.... heh :D i just keep it alone and let i be. But, if u know how to exactly do this, could u give me some directions on a "how to", basically on wut do with certain registry keys and which ones to edit... :p i just don't wana mess up my registry

YODA

6. controler

controler Guest

Um yea the new programs DO check the registry entries
    Especialy SpyBot S&D

Guess you didn't check out the link I furnished. One more thing I like about CyberScrub is the Right Click shell interface to delete the files.
    Anyway to each their own, right? :eek:

7. Jucabala

Jucabala Guest

YODA

under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\(software name) or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\(software name)
    there may be subkeys like "Recent, History" or something like that. When you go to this key, should appear values like "C:\somedir\somefile.ext" and then you delete it.

I think that is all i can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.