ERAS installation help requested

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by batwater, Aug 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batwater

batwater Registered Member

Hello, I have installed ERAS on a VISTA Home Premium x64 OS. I am trying to install to a VISTA Home Premium x64 OS machine and am getting the following errors:

Computer: Ben-pc
    Domain: Interlink
    Get Info Diagnostics, server: BEN-PC, user: ben
    Setting IPC$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: MASTERBEDROOM, user: ben
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 5 (Access is denied.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 5 (Access is denied.)

• I have enabled remote registry on the target machine
    • I have restarted the service.
    • The account I am logging on with is an administrator on both the machine hosting the ERAS as well as the target machine.
    • There is not an option to use the Administrator account in home premium re W2K workaround KB link suggested in another thread.
    • I am running workgroup and tried logging in both as work group and as domain

What am I missing?

Thanks for your help!

Ben

2. batwater

Update, I disabled UAC and now I have only the following...

Computer: Ben-pc
    Domain: Interlink
    Get Info Diagnostics, server: BEN-PC, user: ben
    Remote Registry Connecting (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Reading (OS Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Connecting (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Remote Registry Opening (ESET Security Product Info) Result Code: 2 (The system cannot find the file specified.)
    Remote Install Diagnostics, server: MASTERBEDROOM, user: ben
    Setting ADMIN$ Connection Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Copying ESET Installer Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)
    Registering ESET Installer as a Service Result Code: 0 (The operation completed successfully.)

Thanks for your help
    -Ben

3. batwater

Okay, so the install works even with the 1 error. So now 2 questions left...

1. What is the impact/meaning of this error?
    2. How do I get around not having to turn off UAC, I don't want Vista barking at me that it is turned off, prefer it on, and don't want to have to turn it off every time I need to update

Thanks

-Ben

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  4. BFG

BFG Registered Member

5. Bakker

Bakker Registered Member

I think that link would only help if the package was installed localy on that PC, he wants to push the installation package to the computer but UAC doesn't allow that.

I've had issues with UAC too here, haven't found a good way around them so i just disabled it on the 5 vista clients we have here. I too would like to see a solution so i could re-enable it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.