ERAS errors while downloading updates for mirror

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by duijv023, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

Hi,

On regular base (sometimes every few weeks), i need to restart the RA-service on the Windows server where my mirror is on. I had that on all earlier versions, and still this occurs also on v5. And for the record: not only on my old and new server, but i see this also on customers' servers. Personally I consider this as very annoying. So the big question is: does anyone recognize this? (seen from Eset's perspect: hopefully not as that would be really bad). My installed RA version is: v5.0.119.0

I just do 'normal' updates and on the other settings XML are only Dutch and English Antivirus versions activated.
    Now again all clients were on v7230. The update sequence was hanging at 39%.

First i cleared the update cache, and ran update: same result.
    Then restart the RA-service, cleared the update cache, and ran update: same result.
    Then restart the RA-service again, cleared the update cache, and ran update: finally successful.

We have a very good internet connection. My firewall showed no warnings or better: did not block anything.
    My 6 month old Windows 2008R2 server shows no error, and also the RA server logfile (level 2 and aboveshows no errors), just that the update event was fired. I've changed the logging level to 3, hopefully this will help.

the very big question is for me: why does this occur? Is this issue software related, or is it update related? This, because it seems to me that the update sequence stops after downloading on the moment that it should switch to compiling mode?

Greetings from Holland

2. duijv023

duijv023 Registered Member

The problem seems to be gone. After unconfiguring the mirror, I deleted the mirror folder, recreated and reconfigured the mirror again.
    Now it is working for almost a week already

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.