ERAC - Scan task anomalies

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by LarryV, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LarryV

LarryV Registered Member

I notice 2 oddities on the various ESET consoles we manage (20 or more). Both regading scans which are initiated from tasks on the console.
    NOD32 BE 4.0.474, ERAC 3.1.15:

1. Some clients will show "scanning in progress" for days or weeks. I assumed that they needed to be rebooted but this doesn't necessarily change the status. Running a new scan seems to resolve it.

2. Some clients will show a scan performed as requested but it scanned either 0 or 1 file. In each case, "On-Demand Scan (Cleaning Enabled)" was selected and worked as advertised for most of the clients selected.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This would happen if:
    - the scan was interrupted unexpectedly (e.g. the computer was shut down before the scan completed)
    - the scan was stuck on a specific file (most likely an archive). Perhaps enabling logging all files during the scan would shed more light as you'd see what file is being scanned.

It'll be necessary to get the config. xml in question and check what scan targets are actually selected. I'd suggest that you contact customer care on this matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.