[ERAC - Packages Editor] - Password Protection

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by TJ_ITsupport, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJ_ITsupport

TJ_ITsupport Registered Member

Good morning,

We're nearly ready to deploy ESET to our users. Our goal is to NOT use Push Install. Most of our users are mobile and, not only is our bandwidth somewhat limited, the bandwidth on the user's end varies too much. However, we will administrate and track the status of their ESET installations and updates over our VPN with ERAS/ERAC.

A problem I'm having is being certain that I'm taking the proper steps to create the customized stand-alone installation package to begin with.

The next problem stemming from that is not all of the settings I changed from default (such as password protecting the settings) are "sticking" to the stand-alone package I create. I have to change the settings again at the beginning of the process and finish the other changes after installation is complete. Some settings are sticking though such as the update username and password for the client to retrieve updates directly from ESET.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Mitchell-

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

Hello TJ,

To address your first problem please check this link out:

-------------------------
    How can I install a preconfigured installation package locally instead of a push install?

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2227
    -------------------------

Regarding your second problem, you should not have an issue if you edit the configuration xml file mentioned in the above article.

3. TJ_ITsupport

TJ_ITsupport Registered Member

Thank you Ryan,

I found it confusing after following your steps to end up seeing a few of the same symptoms. One of them being that I could set password protection at one of the pre-installation prompts (selecting Custom). However, I backed up and went through with the installation (selecting Typical). I was still prompted to "Detect potentially unsafe applications" or something along with one or two other prompts, but these are all minor. After the install, I found the settings were protected exactly as we need them and all other settings such as updates, admin, etc. were as we specified in the configuration editor as well. So I think we're good to go.

Thanks again Ryan!

-Mitchell-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.