ERA Questions

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by Geosoft, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

This would be our companies first time using ESET, and we are having a difficulty with the notification server, and a question about ERA configuration manager.

First the Notification Server seems to be emailing us every 10 minutes about the update it has received for no particular reason. While the content of the message is the same, it keeps emailing us every 10 minutes.

Code:
    The server Guardian has been updated.
    Date of the last update: 2009-01-05 21:39:23 Virus signature DB version: 3741 (20090105)

The second question is the ERA configuration manager. In EAV Setup -> Update, there is the ability to place multiple update servers to a profile by clicking on the edit button. But in the configuration manager, we can only place 1 server in the list. Is this done for a reason?

Thanks,

Jason Chambers

2. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

I think you guys can skip my second question, I appear to have figured out that this dialog box in EAV is misleading. My expectations would be that EAV would try to contact every server in this list until it was sucessfully able to update, but this does not appear to be the case.

I'm going to put a request in the EAV4 forum (chances are its not going to make in this product) but I think this would be a valuable asset to have in EAV.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.