ERA - Factors to consider when upgrading

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by ivan83, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivan83

ivan83 Registered Member

Hi,

I like to know what are the factors(e.g. database backup) I have to consider for the following scenarios:

1) Upgrading Operating System(e.g. Win 2003 to Win 2008 )
    2) Upgrading Database (e.g. MS Acess to MS SQL)
    3) Upgrading to a different machine(e.g. server A to server B)

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Former ESET Support Rep

Hello,

In all of your scenarios I would first back up the server folder that resides in the following directories depending on the OS.

Pre Windows Server 2008:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\

Windows Server 2008:
    C:\Program Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\

Here is what I suggest.

Scenarios:

1. Restore the server folder to its proper location depending on your OS. Then install the same version of the remote administrator.

2. From the Database subfolder migrate the database into an MSSQL DB, rename the original DB to .old. Restore the server folder to its proper location depending on your OS. Perform a custom install of the ESET Remote Administrator Server and point it to the newly created MSSQL DB in accordance with section, 2.2.3.4.2 Database connection setup, located on page 15 of the ERAS manual.

3. Go into the advanced server options of the ERAS. Navigate to Tools>>Server Options, then go to the advanced tab, click Edit Advanced Settings. The ESET Configuration window should open. In the tree tool down to ESET Remote Administrator>>ERA Server>>Setup>>Advanced>>Ignore database server name mismatch. Change the value to Yes. Save your change. Close out of the ERAS. Back up the Server folder. Restore the server folder to its proper location depending on your OS. Finally, install the same version of the ERAS & ERAC that was installed on the previous server.

Cheers,
    -Tom

3. ivan83

ivan83 Registered Member

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your time and detailed reply. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.