ERA 4 and Logging - syslog

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by aluminex, Oct 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aluminex

aluminex Registered Member

We are required for PCI to keep all logs for at least 12 months. This includes event logs, scan logs, etc...

I keep getting the message "The amount of disk space used by the storage folder has exceeded the amount specified in configuration" and I cannot find an amount that is specified anywhere.

I would like to actually be able to dump scan and event logs into a syslog server and only keep around 3 months in my storage folder. Is this possible?

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

You will receive a message when the available storage on the volume that ESET RA is installed on, is 5 % or less, (by default).

You can try to create more available space on this volume.

You can also uninstall EST RA, and then reinstall ERA to a different volume.

You can adjust the threshold that triggers this warning, (* Not Recommended):

Open ESET RA Console > Click Tools > Server Options > Advanced > Edit Advanced Settings… > ESET Remote Administrator > ERA Server > Setup > Advanced > Maximum disk space usage (percent)

You can move the ESET RA Storage folder location, (* Not Recommended):

Open ESET RA Console > Click Tools > Server Options > Advanced > Edit Advanced Settings… > ESET Remote Administrator > ERA Server > Setup > General > Storage folder

You can enable Logging to the OS application log:

Open ESET RA Console > Click Tools > Server Options > Logging > Log to OS application log

You can enable logging to the syslog:

Open ESET RA Console > Click Tools > Server Options > Logging > Log to syslog

You can edit how long log files are kept:

Open ESET RA Console > Click Tools > Server Options > Server Maintenance >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.