EQSecure v4.0 Final

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by xuesisi, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

I agree,and I dont mind how the interface looks like. LOL.
    Please, just wait a month or two.
    I bet there will be an official English version by then.

I gave the new version(marked as enhanced) a try this afternoon. and found its default rule-set(which is a Chinese version, the English version must have a different default rule set.) quite aggressive (blocked my xp's auto update and stopped my WinDefender's service, without my permission). I abundant it immediately and returned to WehnTrust which keep crashing everything that seems abnormal (including EQ):D . I hate too many blocks and permits(now it even wouldn't ask!) and For now, I recover my home computer regularly. It's running fast:thumb:

so dont give it too high expectations and take your time.

2. HIPSter

HIPSter Registered Member

Interesting. Perhaps we could hand edit the XML and do the rest with something like Passolo? This way, all the features from v3.41 would be labeled mostly the same, while the new stuff would be dependent on Passolo.

The question is, would Passolo fully translate the sections that are missing XML information?

3. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

hi, HIPSter

sorry to say, it wouldnt work here.
    I tried that and passolo could correctly strip the dialogues texts and strings from the executables and generate the translated binaries. but those new files wouldnt run.it seemed that any change in file size would corrupt the program.
    The same happens to exeScope, but PE explorer seems to be hopeful.
    my pe explorer is a cracked one. It dont seem to be working correctly. the modified file doesn't load all the translated strings, some get translated while most remain untranslated.
    thats all what i find now.

4. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

In theory, HIPSter is right. You could:

1- vulgarly decompress EQSysSecure.exe with the upx -d parameter
    2- extract the needed xml files (EQService.xml and EQSysSecure.xml which seem to be from older eqs versions) using e.g.: notepad++

(Chinese language must be installed)

3- save EQSysSecure.xml in utf-8 format
    4- disassemble eqsyssecure.exe (or the other executables) and search for all missing xml info using PE Explorer or something else:

<Dialog Name="CSafeIEDlg"...>...</Dialog>
    <Dialog Name="CHideFileDlg"...>...</Dialog>
    <Dialog Name="CSandBoxDataDlg"...>...</Dialog>
    <Dialog Name="CConfigProtectDlg"...>...</Dialog>
    (I haven't found the other tags yet)

5- put the tags in your extracted eqsyssecure.xml

6- Add
    Code:
    <Fonts>
    		<Font Name="Default" Face="Tahoma" Size="11"/>
    		<Font Name="Caption" Face="Tahoma" Size="11"/>
    </Fonts>
    7- translate the two xml files
    8- create a new ad.gif file (the embedded one is a Chinese banner)
    9- zip the 3 files and put the package in the "lang" folder
    10- use the files extracted with Universal Extractor
    11- Remove the unneeded SRUpdate.exe

and IF finding the other xml tags is something impossible, use a program like Passolo or Sisulizer (for the rest... or everything).

The problem is that ALL the .exe files are packed (you can verify with PEiD) and need to be Correctly reconstructed using OllyDbg and ImportREC (tell me if i'm wrong) before using Localization softwares.

Edit: clarifications.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yeah i know. I also done some poking into it, but IMO too much to have to go thru, after all "missing tags" is needed and after spending weeks and actually finishing over a month just to fine tune the old versions XML, i'm not motivated to deconstruct the rest of a program where all they had to do was compile it via English to begin with.

I'll just be content with the EQS 4 i have with Alcyon's Rules plus Real-Time Defender, "AND" now that i'm also exploring Malware Defender i don't have any insentive to wait forever for an EQS latest english version now, although it would be useful for everyone of course.

If they ever do, fine and dandy for the rest of us, otherwise theres other alternatives i'll just have to lend more support for.

6. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

I missed this one. Sorry to burst your utopic bubble but there's no hidden English interface.

7. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

thanks This sounds encouraging. i wll look into it. hope my pe explorer works correctly this time. I think vb + some regular expression will do the translating work. but still there many new stuff that need real translation.

Question:where to find the EQ4 english version or any latest one?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  8. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Anyone have some inside word if this final will eventually translate to english for us or not?

9. HIPSter

HIPSter Registered Member

In my attempts to gain up to date information, those actually working on the EQSecure project blew me off. However, a couple regulars from the EQSecure forum believe there will be an English version. When or whether this is true remains unknown.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, thanks for the effort. Looks like we'll just have to make due with what we got untill or if they offer another our way.

A big note of thanks to Alcyon though for giving the english version we have now some real teeth and incredible coverages!!

EASTER

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

you know easter i have tried the 3.41 version and it is very rock solid and i think if they translate the korean website into english it will be one of the most download app in wilders because this app really works like a charm:thumb:

12. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Anyone have any new information regarding EQSecure 4.0 with an english translation? I love to give this a try if I could get a copy. :oops:

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

:( im really hoping to see an english version of this come out.

14. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

me too:D

15. Rickster100

In order to get some kind of response from the EQSecure developers as to whether they intend to compile an english language version I have emailed 4 people directly to find an answer, one of which I believe is Solcroft who used to be a regular here in the Forum, but has not been on here in 5 months.

I fired up a 4.0 Beta 2 copy that I had lying around and found some email addresses via the GUI (including support at eqsecure). If I get an answer back from the email ill post back here. Fingers crossed on this one.

16. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thank you very much:thumb:

17. Rickster100

Here is an update for EQS fans. Out of the 4 people I emailed, I have had only one response to this enquiry (which was the very next day), which was from one of the developers, who basically apologised and asked me to contact Support which I had already done. As I have not heard back from anyone else (including Solcroft and Support) its not looking too good that an official English language release is forthcoming, unfortunately. Despite the fact that the EQS website states that an English language version is available with EQS 4.0 (translated).

I am not going to hold my breath. :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  18. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Instead of praying during many weeks/months for an English version of v4 which will probably never see the light of the day, maybe it's a better idea to ask for the source code, translate it and not rely on people who seems not interested on having their hips accessible to non-chinese users. Seeing such a good hips not translated is very frustrating! I really wonder why they ignore us.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

If only there was some way to persuade them to release the final 4 version for us in english. With all due respect for their efforts to create and offer us EQS and the always complimentary attention many of us dedicated loyal users have showed them with our sincerest appreciation, all we can do is continue to try to appeal to them in some way.

EASTER

20. Rickster100

Easter,

I even sent those emails not only in English but translated to Simplified Chinese (using Yahoo Babelfish) also in order to help them answer my question. But it has made no difference at all, and noone else (not even EQ Support) ever got back to me.

If only xuesisi or Solcroft would chime in for an update. :doubt:

21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I feel the same exact way Rickster.

I never give up no matter what and still hold out hope against hope that we will hear from them again as well as find ourselves shocked with the english 4 release someday when the planets are aligned with stars of Orion, soon i hope.

Anyone care to interpret this Astrology Hope? :doubt:

22. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

XUESISI

Would you mind translating The new Pro version for all of us here. We would really appreciate your effort if you don't mind.

Thanks EASTER

23. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

are you still using SnooFree 1.0.7?

24. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

sometimes

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool;) i tried some old schools too including samurai hips:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.