EQSecure 4.0 problem.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Smiggy, Nov 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Ok, someone please tell me what I've done wrong here?
    Already have 3.41, downloaded beta 4.0 and the en.zip pack.

Closed all down, overwritten and added language pack, all perfect, except.....

No pop-ups, no event counting, yet all working, but not if you know what I mean?
    Same with default blank rulesets and also Alcyon's.
    Deleted service and reinstalled it too?

Just closed v4.0, deleted it's service and copied the 3.41 backup folder contents back into the same area.
    Ran program, all working perfect again at 3.41 version??

Stumped.

:doubt:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hi smiggy

I pressed ahead myself to v4 EQS and although i found some improvements it drastically makes for an unacceptable drag when adding Alcyon's very technical and wide ranging rules, so i since returnd to v3.41 where "ALL" Alcyon's rules (many good ones they are) doesn't struggle or drag performance down.

EASTER

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

where ca i get the download link(english)for eqsecure 4?

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

There is no english download link for v4. However Alcyon and myself have made progress in some translation for it though. It's still being gone over to ensure it can function reasonably enough to be useful.

EASTER

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

can i get a file download please if you dont mind:D

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Of course.

Pls be patient just a little while (days) and i'll relay it to your satisfaction as soon as it's fully functional enough.

Thanks EASTER

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

ok thanks easter:thumb:

8. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

EASTER,

Gone back to v3.41, it's rock solid and stable.
    Something is amiss on my system with v4.0.

I get a few repetitive pop-ups from time to time, WMI, SandboxIE etc. but I view it that if it's informing, it's working.

I can live with that!

:)

9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Alcyon & i experienced the same issues. Whether it has to do with Alycon's truck load of excellent rules that the newer versions simple can't support or it's systematic of the application's limitations itself at some point, we both returned to 3.41 which is in no way a regression because that release holds up very well and stays "Lite" even when tasked with multitudes of new rules, excapes our confirmation at this point. But EQS 3.41 is every bit an extremely formidable security monitor no matter how heavy the rules which are loaded into it.

EASTER

10. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

The best advice I can give right now is that if you want to try EQSecure, the most stable version to use yet is v3.41. Btw, my ruleset was made specifically for v3.41 so you may experience slowdowns, glitches, etc. if using it with v4. I haven't investigated too much the specific reasons yet.

The most important thing to remember with the ruleset hosted on drop.io is that it should only be used as a template.

I'm still working on a MUCH more powerful ruleset with new algorithms which will be released in the next few days. Once satisfied, I plan to port the ruleset to TorchSoft's Malware Defender hips (with some limitations due to MD capabilities).

Last edited: Nov 8, 2008
  11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Have at it Alcyon. LoL

I never seen yet and likely never will such a fully comprehensive compilation of protection rules like the efforts you fashioned for EQS 3.41, and all this is almost Nuclear Precision. There are a few really efficient HIPS thank goodness that their respective developers have worked to perfect, but with all due respect, the EQS rules are the absolute BEST! i have personally ever had the fortune to enjoy knowing the protections are pinpoint accuracy and the best part is that the user doesn't have to guess or rely on some default rules that are so short of coverages which are really needed to make a HIPS a nearly solid steel gate of protection.

And as far Malware Defender goes, that will prove very interesting and no doubt equally form another fool-proof ring of guardings that will vastly enhance it's ability to ward off the cleverest of exploit makers in their attempt to climb that razor wire.

Keep up the intelligent and thoughtful work Alcyon, because it's to your credit alone that these HIPS referred to will be more efficient and useful then they ordinarily would offer as-is.

EASTER

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Ready yet for prime time in EQS?

This HIPS w/Rules in my opinion is untouchable and the very best to ever surface!

I can't get anything past it in all my malware collection, if a heavy weight makes some progress at all EQS closes out explorer as well as the original snake biter.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.