EQSecure 4.0 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EASTER, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Since us EQS loyals been put off by something named Magic Shield i taken it on myself to offer this copy of 4.0 Beta. Now it works great folks, even with Alcyon's RulesSets but if you notice a couple of chinese leftovers don't be dismayed, their only in the CONFIGURATION features of the Sandbox.
    (I don't use the sandbox since i use SandboxIE but it does work somewhat from experience.

Most Everything should be be in PURE ENGLISH. You can also zip open the english LANG file and add your own alert messages like i have.

I hope this helps those of you who are stuck on version 3.41 and would like to at least give it a test drive.

Before you OVERWRITE the EQS folder in your Program Files with these files, by all means copy that folder and save it someplace in case it either isn't compatible or presents you with problems which i hardly doubt it will. I been using it for many months with superior results!

Close out 3.41 completely then OVERWRITE with these along with it's great (112Kb Driver!) then be sure to reboot afterwards. You'll likely need to reinstall ALL your rules unless you know how to save the one you been using. After adding rules again, reboot again. That makes it iron out anything still lodged in memory from the old version.

Alcyon is graciousy offered several versions of his rulesets but pls follow his instructions to delete the Global Settings before importing his new rulesets.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised so long as you don't have a ton of security apps already in place. I use it with an older version of CYBERHAWK

Pls post back on your results either favorable or not. This is for XP SP2!!!

This version will SMASH aklt keylog tester. Carefully check the BlackList too, thats where you can LOCK out My Documents/Desktop/Start Page etc. just about anything you desire.

Only for those who want a totally secure computer and can tolerate occasional pop-ups untill you set all your rules like you want them to be.

EASTER

<Snip> Removed Link Peter2150

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  2. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Are you sure it's English ;)
    Their website is Chinese I think?

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Why ask that question?

I am offering my own program for users out of pure courtesy, it's ENGLISH if you bother to look at all.

Remember, there is no more EQS, just some Chinese (non-english) Magic Shield! Geee!

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Thanks Easter. Will try that out since it has english now and all.

Sul.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hi Sully

You will notice EQS's 4.0 beta employs a 112Kb driver. I been following this HIPS since it first surfaced. It's better then 3.41 for obvious reasons, it's been improved and strengthened where it counts.

Hope it helps anyone who feels stuck forever with 3.41 version. It's STRONGER but still "LITE" as a butterfly. A very well thought out design AFAIK.

easter

6. Nizarawi

Nizarawi Registered Member

Thanks Easter.

7. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Thanks EASTER, looks like a keeper :thumb:

I can attest that my latest ruleset works like a charm ;)

Btw, you can aswell add some style and put -1 at "Duration of prompt windows (seconds)".

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The link from OP's post was removed. Please only post links to official sites.

Pete

9. SheikYorHips

SheikYorHips Registered Member

Does this mean it won't work on SP3? And since the link has been removed, is "EQSecure 4 Beta3" offered on the eqsecure.com site somehow different? Thx.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Sorry fellas about the ~snipped~ 4.0

That's this forum's Mod's decision even if it might appear somewhat bias to some is being exercised, because frankly if anyone can find an authentic author's site for those versions, i would like to see it myself.

This is anymore a purely COMMERCIAL-DRIVEN-WORLD for MONEY/PROFIT-ONLY and many freeware/open-source are not nearly as acceptable as they once were even if it means better security.

Of course certain individuals are completely within thir rights to take personal exception to the authencity of that.

I can't speak for or endorse openly certain programs like before because theres a definite bias toward ONLY certain encouraged apps even if they border on or are crapola, but i will say this, i been in this a lot longer then some who are biased and it simply would not be acceptable to my own conscience to sit idly by and watch users being taken for a ride without at least trying to help & offer with different alternatives.

EASTER

11. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

It's been a policy here pretty much from the day I joined, back in 2002. I see no bias, Easter old shoe -- just a Mod doing his (mostly) thankless job..

12. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Last reply to post above removed and thread closed.

Yes, bellgamin is correct. It has always been our policy to not allow the sharing of Beta products by members via file sharing services like rapidshare. If the vendor has an official release of a beta, then it will be visible on their website, and it should never be necessary for anyone to upload it and share it themselves. And if it turns out that the vendor is no longer making it available, then that's an end of it. People should not take it upon themselves to provide it. (Besides, we could never be sure whether the file is in the original state intended by the vendor when unofficially shared.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.