EQSecure 3.41 V Anti-Executable Paid

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by arran, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arran

arran Registered Member

Which one is better? if you had a choice out of the 2 which one would you choose? please don't base your decision on the fact that one is free and the other is paid.

Ive tried both of them I can't decide which one,

Anti-Executable seems more hard and rock solid where as EQSecure 3.41 seems to have a lot more configuring options, I'm just wondering if EQSecure 3.41 covers more area and closes more holes ie prevents a bigger range of malware from being installed would this be true??

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Easter uses both, so he might provide you with more insights.

Antiexecutable is really strong in recognises all sorts of executables, when that is you primary goal AE is the logical choice. EQS offers broader protection and is a HIPS without whitelist. EQS can can be used as anti executable or very thorough IDS. Again it really depends on your needs/goals.

I would choose EQS becuase it is free and filters can be shared easily (import / export).

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

AE is install and forget but u can,t use it if u install software frequently. If u don,t install software now and then and want simple but effective remedy, use AE.

If u install software now n then, use EQS. Once configured, u can turn it like AE by putting it in Silent mnode and it will not give any pop ups.

IMO AE is not for home users. It,s more for common use PCs like in insitutions where u don,t want any changes in the OS.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Yes Indeed! Both are favorites but one huge distinguishing feature where IMO EQSecurity (HIPS) advances beyond AE is the script blocking features, registry coverage can be massively oriented to near pinpoint precision (takes study & time to impliment). You have to know where to apply and WHAT rules to apply of course.

EQS is consumed plenty of QUALITY time (positive results) and sometimes daily in my endless and interesting attempt to MANUALLY add additional internal coverages in this huge data recorder named Windows Registry

This HIPS is won me over big, theres even more to expect hopefully in next release but AS-IS it can do :thumb: and in excellent fashion. To me it's one of the best unfinished pure HIPS that does a great job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.