EQSecure 3.41 Settings

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by EASTER, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

The ruleset is only for Windows XP and EQS v3.41.

2. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

mkay :/ thanks for the quick reply!

3. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

IS HIPS a better way to manage against nefarious use of RPC, IDL, TLBs and COM components?

4. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Here's another ruleset update:

eqsecure.v3.41.winxp.rules.v20081219-exp.zip

http://drop.io/eqsecure

Enjoy,

~Alcyon~.

5. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

6. Searching_ _ _

I just installed the last one. Thanks Alcyon.

7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Keep rollin 'em out there Alcyon :)

You're mastering this rule making for EQS like a machine :cool:

Finally starting to gather up all the rules released over the months and with any luck i might just achieve some order over here in having them categorized. ;)

We should start a new thread for EQS loyals as to your favorite rules. Mine is many because there are so many fantastic rules, but one i think i fancy right up there with my favs is the New Folder Guard one. LoL Brilliant addition Alcyon!

EASTER

8. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

One that i like a lot is "Make Specific Files Read-Only (All Drives)" aka "Kiosk Mode". Btw, i'm still working on an Enhanced ruleset edition. A good amount of new algorithms will be added ;)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  9. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Indeed another good one Alcyon. We'll be watching for these excellent new rules

EASTER

10. Searching_ _ _

Merry Christmas,

Been having an issue that involve EQS. Between 4 n 5 in the morning the computer locks up. There is this image of a window when I can close other windows. It's the EQS alert. It's been occuring since I upgraded the rules to 20081207, don't have the latest installed yet. Don't know what the alert is about because of the lock up. Have to remove power in order to fix.

@Easter,

If you could figure a way to get it to start pre-boot, that would be amazing.

11. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Checking!

If you encounter a slow down or other glitch on any rules just switch over to a different set untill theres time to nail down the prob, EASTER.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

12. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

A little Christmas gift for all ;)

eqsecure.v3.41.winxp.rules.v20081226-exp.zip

@ Searching, if you always have your eqsecure log files, you can privately share them with me by making a temporary drop (drop.io). This way, i'll probably be able to isolate the problem.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  13. rollers

rollers Registered Member

I took Eqsecure for a test drive and really lliked it...........until I found out that it was not working on any of the limited user accounts on the computer. Is there any way around this?
    Thanks

14. chris2busy

try assigning full permissions to eqs's installation dir

15. rollers

rollers Registered Member

Hi thanks for the reply. Although I am not sure how to go about this, could you assist?

Thanks

16. chris2busy

by default the location should be C:/Program Files/Eqsecure or something like that..right click that folder and go to the security tab...under users tick the checkbox for full control.try restarting the pc after to see if its any better.

17. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Runs excellent with the LUA app SuRun 1.209, tested by me. Quirking on occasional however at start up, you can always use "start as administrator" and EQS will run fine for that session.

EASTER

18. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Here's a new beta ruleset for your testing pleasure:

eqsecure.v3.41.winxp.rules.beta.v1.33.081230-exp.zip

December 27th 2008 ruleset should be removed soon.
    This beta ruleset works pretty good so far!

Enjoy,

Alcyon.

19. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Functions are all stable as granite and rules are just as responsive as ever Alcyon. Again a congrats for another roll out of super-rules to better beef up EQS security HIPS.

EASTER

20. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Alcyon,

With so many rules, in what context/purpose are you using EQS at the moment?

When all HIPS are moving to less pop-ups, one man is fighting back (Don Alcyon) with his loyal friend (San Easter)

Cheers Kees

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  21. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Ah, kee mo sabee

But you miss the mark with san easter. It's not more pop ups as new coverages to set then forget by injecting ever more new rules, and for san easter for that added SRP 100% LockDown Security and torquing the screws ever so more tighter adding to a higher percentage of safety and greatly reduced sudden sneak invasive code, be they net sourced or local testings.

Gotta luv that EQS (HIPS). Always "Lite" as a feather and severely "Heavy" on defensive posture thanks to Sir Alcyon's Rules as a 20 ton iron tank.

22. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Protection only ;) What else? I don't think there's too many rules... There could be a lot more!
    Try it and see by yourself, it's pretty light on popups.

23. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

Even heavier like a Leopard 2 Main Battle Tank ;) Ok let say something lighter ;)

24. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Alcyon, Easter

I have installed Malware Defender (with Avast). Due to the transparent priority levels in MD, you can make nice subsets of rules using application groups (combining application, file, registry and network control).

I have a contained application group in which P2P program, Mail and browsers are restricted to the bare limits of functioning (parent-child startups limited to a few, data access limited to a few directories, regsitry access limited to a few keys/values, so a pure default deny, with allow exception).

I have all intrusions limited for 'normal' programs, with no execution control (I run LUA with SRP, so that is no big deal), further more I have given Avast, Paragon, Windows Restore full permissions (the full permissions application group).

The contained application group is always limited/always protected (even when in learning mode, a nice feature of MD).

New beta of MD works fine with network protection. After ProcessGuard, AppDefend, SSM, PS/RealTimeDefender it is good to see new security programs from China. MD's programmer Xiaolin communicates in English which is a big advantage over EQS for me. EQS is a nice program (I posted the first how to of EQS, so still favour them), but their internal Chinese market is more important than a small (free ware) English speaking market.

Cheers

25. Alcyon

Alcyon Registered Member

No doubts, Malware Defender is a superb hips and i'll take a deeper look at it once i'll not be using Windows XP anymore. Meanwhile, i'm extremely comfortable with EQSecure. Thanks for the infos anyway ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.