Entry problem to Hotmail on web related to update?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dionisiog, Oct 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

Hi...
    Just doing a general quiery to see if anyone has experienced any sudden problems with entering hotmail emails accounts on the web or with changing information in those accounts since the most recent update of spyblaster.
    This started for me about 2 days ago with both of my accounts, and although I did deactivate the spyblaster blocks, it appeared to begin after I had originally activated the most recent web updates. I still cannot get into one of my accounts throug hotmail's online page but can through Outlook Express (trust me I emptied out all of my email through that as quickly as possible just to be.... Safe?)
    I am also unable to reset my account, which of course leads to me to wonder if this is just another hotmail break-in. It wouldn't be the first time, unfortunately!
    I have also encountered some annoying phenomenom in which multiple-multiple copies of emails have appeared in my hotmail accounts, and although that irritating syndrome would be nothing new to Outlook Express, I of course wonder if this is the symptom of some unknown virus... etc. I do use 2 very reliable anti-virus programs, and yes, I have updated them within the last 5 years! :D

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi dionisiog,

Welcome at Wilders. :)

You mentioned this started after the last web updates.
    Did you mean the Windows updates?
    You could try adding hotmail to your trusted sites and see if that makes a difference. Although I don't see that as an ideal solution, it could help identify the problem.

Regards,

Pieter

3. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

I was referring to the Spyware Blaster update.

This is probably an account break-in, but your idea is a good one. Unfortunately I do have other accounts with hotmail which I have been able to reset.... so at this point I was checking here to be thorough. I have seen some MSN related blocks in your updates.

Thanks Again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.