Enpass Password Manager

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Krusty, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

Oh, I see you posted it above. Hmm, I only just received it here.

2. Flora

Flora Registered Member

I've tried numerous password managers, but I keep returning to this one.
    I'm sticking with this one now.

3. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

IDK - I've been at 6.6.1 (809) for awhile.

4. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I have already played with it, I will probably still use the Enpass desktop app as a local password database. I do believe that SafeInCloud works a bit more smoothly but it always closes to the tray, very annoying. I think I might try LastPass, but I assume all passwords will then be stored in the cloud, and LastPass doesn't even seem to have a local desktop app?

5. guest

guest Guest

Enpass 6.6.2 Released (May 25, 2021)
    Download
    Release Notes
    Version 6.6.2 (827)
    Release Date May 25, 2021

What’s New:
    • We have changed the way how Enpass used to add shared items. Earlier, Enpass read the clipboard for shared items on every launch automatically. Now Enpass won’t automatically read the clipboard; you can add any shared item by selecting ‘Add an item from clipboard’ on the add item screen, or you can enable the ‘Check clipboard for shared items’ setting under Advance settings to explicitly allow Enpass to read the clipboard as before.
    • Added an option on welcome screen to Activate Enpass allowing you to activate your license immediately after installation.
    Fixes:
    • Fixed an issue while importing notes from Roboform.
    • Fixed an issue while autofilling the data imported from Roboform.
    • Other minor bug fixes and crashes to improve reliability and performance.

6. guest

guest Guest

Enpass 6.7.0 Released (August 19, 2021)
    Download
    Release Notes
    Version 6.7.0 (867)
    Release Date Aug 19, 2021

What’s New:
    • The most awaited Enpass feature, Wi-Fi sync is at last, here. We have taken the word OFFLINE to a whole another level as now you get the option to sync your data across devices, CLOUDLESSLY — over your Wi-Fi or local network. This means you now have complete ownership of your data, and in turn, total peace of mind.
    Improvements:
    • All the tiles on the Audit dashboard with zero count will now be actionable, and count ‘0’ will be displayed in green color as good health.
    Fixes:
    • Fixed an issue where Enpass was not asking to save the changes in the item being edited if user clicked on any other item in the list.
    • On launching the URL from Assistant’s detail page, Enpass was opening it in the default browser instead of in the context of that particular browser.
    • After the recent Chrome browser update, the “Unknown Browser” message appeared on launching the browser extension. Fixed.
    • Some WebDAV servers were dropping the connection with Enpass because of “Mozilla” being used as User-Agent in the network requests, fixed this issue by changing the User-Agent to “Mozilla 5.0 Enpass”.
    • Enpass was hanging on changing the backup location. Fixed.
    • Deleted Webform fields were left as zombies until the item itself was not deleted. Fixed.
    • Fixed an issue where the detail page was becoming empty on shrinking the Enpass Window to collapse Sidebar.

7. guest

guest Guest

Enpass can now sync your passwords without the cloud
    August 19, 2021
    https://www.windowscentral.com/enpass-can-now-sync-your-passwords-without-cloud
    Enpass: Introducing Enpass Cloudless Sync

8. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

This release restarted one of my machines without any prompt when installing Microsoft Visual C + + 2019...

9. Rasheed187

I'm not that happy with Enpass, I tried to make a new entry for a certain website with username and password, after that it was nowhere to be found. Do you need to save it or something, I didn't see any option. BTW, I'm using Enpass strictly as a local password database, similar to how most people use KeePass. The browser extension was a disaster.

10. bjm_

bjm_ Registered Member

png_11782.png

11. Rasheed187

12. guest

guest Guest

Enpass 6.7.2 Released (September 10, 2021)
    Download
    Release Notes
    Version 6.7.2 (887)
    Release Date Sep 10, 2021

Hello everyone! We would like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation for using Wi-Fi sync and for sharing your feedback.
    This update contains a few, but important fixes for issues you’ve reported to us.

Fixes:
    • Fixed an issue where Enpass Assistant was not autofilling on the first attempt after unlock.
    • The former Enpass version was able to import 1Password data only from the 1PIF folder. We have added a new option as “.1PIF file” alongside “.1PIF folder”. Fixed the issue where some users were not able to select the .1PIF file while importing 1Password data.
    • Fixed an issue where the trashed items were also included in the Identical items list under Audit.
    • Hint for the Search field in Enpass Assistant was being overlapped in the Chinese Language. Fixed.

13. guest

guest Guest

Enpass 6.7.4 Released (November 18, 2021)
    Download
    Release Notes
    Good day, everyone! Today’s update is all about taking your autofill experience to next level when used with the latest extensions for your browsers. Previously, you had to move your cursor all the way to the Enpass icon in the browser toolbar to initiate autofill. Now, in the new extensions we’ve replaced this tedious process with a lightweight autofill popup menu that will appear on the web page itself with a list of suggestions to choose from.

This blazingly fast autofill experience is there for all the supported browsers, and you need to update the extensions as well.
    Happy autofilling!!

What’s New:
    • Support for Inline Autofill on browsers: Experience the new autofill using the inline popup menu, which is enabled by default and presents the logins, credit cards, and identities right there on the loaded forms on the webpage. This update has been made for all supported browsers.
    • Keyboard shortcuts: Additional options to set keyboard shortcuts in your browser extensions to lock, autofill, and activate Enpass. The existing shortcuts (if any) will be reset.
    • Code-signing certificate for executables has been updated as the current one is expiring this month. So if you get a warning message from antivirus or a Windows smart screen warning, it is due to the new code-signing certificate. Please allow the executable to run, and you should be good to go!
    Fixes:
    • Some of you were getting a message —This version of Enpass is out of date— on launching the Enpass app. This has been fixed.
    • While importing data from 1Password, some items were missing due to the large size of the note items. This has been fixed.
    • Enpass was updating the password of another item with the same username. This has been fixed.

14. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

https://www.enpass.io/release-notes/windows-pc/

15. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

The latest Windows Store update Enpass Password Manager v6.84.1166.0 has locked me out on all computers. o_O

16. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

17. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

18. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

:eek:

19. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

Has it struck you too? :rolleyes:

20. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

According to that Enpass thread the anger by users is really mounting now.

21. Rasheed187

From what I understood, this only happened after updating to a new Enpass version via the MS Store? So I suppose that if you downloaded the portable version you wouldn't have encountered this problem. But it stays a weird story and I can understand this incident will make them lose quite a lot of customers. That's why you should always make a back up of your passwords, don't rely solely on your password management tool.

22. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I don't use the MS Store version, and I haven't used the Windows version lately either.

23. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

I used to use the normal Windows version, but at some point, I paid for the Premium version which was only available via the Microsoft Store.
    Enpass has released a statement blaming a Microsoft Store error.

24. Rasheed187

Well, it's very weird that MS Store could have caused this problem. This means that the MS Store should be avoided as much as possible. I'm also using Enpass purely as a password database, so I don't need the premium version. But I have downloaded the Windows website version. I suppose this one wouldn't have been affected by the problem, same goes for the portable version.

25. Hadron

Hadron Registered Member

Yes, I agree with you.
    The fact that it is a Microsoft Store issue is the most concerning thing. It means that at any time, we could be locked out of any Store app.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.