English language version lagging behind other versions

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ben., Feb 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben.

Ben. Registered Member

Hey,

Why is the latest English language version of NOD32 (2.70.23 on the download page) lagging behind other languages (which are .25, .26 and .31)? Also, when a new point release comes out, will NOD32 upgrade itself automatically, or must it be manually upgraded?

Reguards
    Ben

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

I think Marcos alluded to language releases causing minor version increments - ie, if a non-english language gets a change to it's language files, it causes the .26, .31 etc - and obviously if the english doesn't need to be changed, why compile and release it to "keep up" with the version numbers (I wouldn't).

Take a look at the release notes to be sure.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2007
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There's no need to upgrade from 2.70.23 or older 2.70.x versions unless you often need to interrupt downloading of updates and it's annoying for you to wait until NOD32 goes through all update servers :)

4. Ben.

Ben. Registered Member

So NOD32 keeps itself, as well as the virus signatures, up to date all by itself. Grand :)

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Ben, welcome to Wilders.

Correct.

Cheers :D

6. Ben.

Ben. Registered Member

Great! I'm not planning on staying around - now I can leave NOD32 alone to do what it does until it comes renewal time. I was going to contact the guys I bought my license from for support, but thought it would be quicker and easier to ask here. I was right :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.