Encrypted services Apple, Proton and Wire helped Spanish police identify activist

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by Malcontent, May 9, 2024.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Registered Member

Encrypted services Apple, Proton and Wire helped Spanish police identify activist

Last edited: May 9, 2024
  2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Yet people still believe in those services. The error is obvious, never link your "private" accounts to your real accounts and if possible use services not friendly to your government. A normal Chinese/Russian email would be more private.

3. mantra

mantra Registered Member

Hi
    good reading thanks for the link
    @TairikuOkami
    but about a russian or chiense email , are they in english too (just to avoid google translator)?
    and are they free?
    thanks

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

I see that Yandex is paid now. Mail.ru is free, main webpage is Russian, but email is in English, I access it via VK, languages can be switched. You can use translator to register. qqmail.info can help to create Chinese email.

Attached Files:

5. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

I don't know about Wire, but rest of those those services never claimed to provide anonymity to their users. Especially if they add a bunch of additional info to outside services like e-mail address from Google, phone number etc...
    Boring...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.