Enabled at Install?

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by puff-m-d, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Is the "Enable Realtime Master Boot Record (MBR) Scanning" under "Settings>Scan Settings" (see attachment below) enabled when you do a fresh install? The reason for asking is that I have Rollback Rx installed and it makes a special MBR when it is installed. I have had WRSA in the past delete this special MBR and replace it with a standard one. When this happens Rollback Rx quits working, then I must uninstall Rollback Rx and then reinstall it. I lose all my settings and snapshots in the process. I do not want to do that again and if WRSA has this option enabled I am likely to have this happen again if I do a fresh install of WRSA.

Attached Files:

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

We do have logic in place to prevent these detections now, but you may want to disable that option anyway just to be sure you don't get affected by any changes to Rollback Rx.

3. puff-m-d

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reply. I must not have explained my question very well. I meant is that a default setting and on a new install would that be scanned for? If it is it makes me worry a bit to do a new install... If I remember correctly, it was on a new install when WRSA was doing the initial first automatic scan (training scan I suppose) that it was caught and deleted. I do remember that it was not put into quarantine as I guess that cannot be done...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You can opt to not clean it up after the initial scan if we did find anything, but I think you'll be fine as-is (as it doesn't take any actions automatically after the initial scan).

5. puff-m-d

Thanks a lot Joe :thumb: !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.