Enable/Update Problem with Spyware Blaster 3.3

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jlmyrehn, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jlmyrehn

Jlmyrehn Registered Member

I have clicked the disable all protection on spyware blaster 3.3 to see if I could enable protection for 43 files that remain unprotected. I then clicked enable all protection and the following Active X files remain unprotected:

Dialer Platform Dialer (30) through (62)
    Win32.Dialer.NBF
    Blazefind Winupdates Adware (2)
    Adult Content Dialer
    Win32.1stBar.fa
    Trojan.Downloader.Small
    Trojan.Downloader.Small(2)
    7ADPowerDialer(37)
    7ADPowerDialer(3:cool:
    Electronic - Group Dialer

This does not make sense. I paid for automatic updates and can not even enable full protection. I have been told all different kinds of things to try. Nothing works. I am back wondering what is wrong with the program itself?
    Can anyone help?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

I looked back in your other thread, and I noticed you said you have Panda Anti-Virus installed?

Please make sure you have the latest version of Panda Anti-Virus, and then try enabling protection again (I believe earlier versions had some incompatibilities with certain other security software).

If you could also post the version of Panda AV you have installed (after you update), it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. Jlmyrehn

I have Panda Titanium AV 2005 (4.01.02).

I updated Panda and then went to Spyware Blaster to enable all protection. It is still the same problem.

I even removed the program and all of it's subfiles and the reloaded the program and I get the same exact thing...43 files will not enable.

Can I try anything else?

4. Jlmyrehn

Enable protection still a problem

I just downloaded the recent updates for spywareblaster. I have not been able to enable protection for the last couple of updates for any of the new Active X items. I was hoping the new updates would enable.

I have Panda Titanium 2005 AV. Is Panda the problem? I have been given suggestions on updating the AV and then update spywareblaster. I did that and still cannot get it to enable protection. What went wrong? I now have 62 Active X items unprotected. There is no use having spyware blaster if nobody can help fix the problem I have. I give up. o_O

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Jlmyrehn,

I have merged your most recent post with this thread, and closed your previous thread here to prevent having 3 threads going on the same topic.

Please do not start new threads on the same subject as it can cause confusion.

You can subscribe to this thread by going to the top right corner of the thread and clicking on "Thread Tools" -> "Subscribe to this thread" -> then click the button "Add Subscription" to receive a notice by email that your thread has received a reply. :)

Regards,

snap

6. nWo_Adi

nWo_Adi Guest

Some Problems with Spyware Blaster 3.3

Hi there,
    1st of all, I hv to agree that SB is a muz hv program. I've been using SB since founding out abt it in PCWorld mag. I was juz wondering as to why after uninstalling SB 3.2 & installing SB 3.3, 2 problems exist.
    1.Regarding abt the update fix which makes the database corrupt, I've followed the advice given & the 1st problem was solved.

2.After enabling all protection, I still hv 156 items disabled protection under Internet Explorer. Under the "Customize the Block List", I manually check the uncheck boxes below & click "Protect Against Checked Items" but to no avail as those boxes will become uncheck again.

Any tips/advices/hints on this matter?
    Thnks in advance for the help given.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.