Emsisoft Online Armor 6.0 is out!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Mops21, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Thank's for the feedback chattycathy, much appreciated. :thumb:

2. chattycathy

chattycathy Registered Member

You're welcome! I am continuing to test it very often and just maybe it will continue to work this time!

3. DX2

DX2 Guest

Running OA Firewall Free v6. There hasn't been any slow downs for me atm, like in the past.

4. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Are you using sandboxie too.?
    If so,any issues?:doubt:

5. DX2

DX2 Guest

No, I don't use SB :)

6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I am running OA 6 and SBIe, and Appguard. No issues.

Pete

7. The Red Moon

Thank you peter:thumb:
    That is why i stopped using it because of issues with sbie and firefox.:(

8. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

I don't think Peter2150 is using Win 7 x64 which has the main SBIE issues with OA. I still think FF load is very slow with OA6 and SBIE in combo on 7 x 64 but some of the other issues notably with Chrome and Foxit Reader are fixed.

In the short run I had with OA6 it felt quite clunky. Disc activity and CPU were higher than I'd want or experienced with similar products including the one you currently use. This could be 'learning' activity I suppose and YMMV so why not give it a whirl and see if it works for you?

9. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Hi chris1341, so you tried OA6.0/SBIE/Chrome together on W7 x64 and wherein you used to have an issue with Chrome not working, it is now fixed with 6.0o_O? Would that be correcto_O? :)

10. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

I don't feel any difference at all though. It's as good as before!

11. The Red Moon

Hi,
    I couldnt get pages in firefox to fully render at all.!.I would enter sites like facebook and the entire page would freeze solid.
    Going by what you have just said i think i shall stick with kaspersky until there is solid and positive feedback that OA and sandboxie and FF are running smoothly because at the minute kaspersky is running beautifully on my machine.:thumb:

12. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

Yes, OA6+SBIE+Chrome on Win7 x64 worked fine for me. That combo didn't work on 5.5.

Cheers

13. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I think most of the issues are due to the HIPS feature.

I would like personally the free Online Armor version to have the ICMP settings
    and the Import /Export settings available , in exchange to the HIPS feature (which is a little problematic it seems) ,though i doubt the developer would take in consideration such request.

14. country2

country2 Registered Member

hmm...I tried to install OA6 free on W7 64bit and it says cannot install due to virtual box with bridge networking incompaitablity....

huh.... virtual box with bridge networking? As I'm using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (no virtual nic), W7 64 bit (no virtaul box) and the only bridge is my speedstream router.... Am I not understanding something here?

15. guest

guest Guest

16. country2

I'm not running one.....

irtual box with bridge networking? As I'm using a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller (no virtual nic), W7 64 bit (no virtaul box) and the only bridge is my speedstream router.... Am I not understanding something here?

17. guest

guest Guest

do you have the software called "Virtual Box" or it has been ever installed?

18. country2

I had MS virtual PC while back . I found reference to it in the registry also a oracle virtual deleted it but still no luck...maybe another instance of it that I cannot found?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  19. andrewf

andrewf Registered Member

Hello,

Personally I'd try installing Virtual Box and then uninstalling, 'cause its own uninstaller'd most likely deal with leftovers (though, I'm not sure).

Additionally you can use some uninstall tool to remove the VBox leftovers.

If nothing of the above'd help - please try deleting the VBoxNetFlt driver from the registry manually.

Best regards,
    Andrey.

20. country2

I did a search in registry and nothing shows up a vbox or virtual box and even in windows nothing shows up in search. Oh well I'll try it next time I do a format and install a clean image.

EDIT.. just tried another registry cleaner (Auslogics Registry Cleaner) and it found it. All good now!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  21. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I'll install it along with EAM v7.0 right now :thumb:

22. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Played a little with the trial to enable Advanced features.
    Using the country list i have managed to kill Windows Update needing uninstal ,have no idea what happened.

Add-ed for fun USA and Germany along other countries to the blocked alowed and the Update of Windows started to show errors on connecting .After removing all countries from the list (leaving it empty as default) the issue persisted.

So "Fatherland" should be left aside when playing with the country list. :)
    Continuous connections to Germany and USA seem to be a must this days :)

23. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Did 18 Windows Updates yesterday on Win 7 64bit.

OA didn't do a single popup :) The new OA version seems to have sorted out the issues that happened in the past with Windows updates.

@Sm3K3R

Don't forget OA servers (Emsisoft) are in Germany, might be a good idea not to block them :)

24. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I know ,wanted to see if it is able to block itself :)
    I ve reinstalled and now without playing with lists ,Microsoft Essentials and Win Up again do not find their way thru :)

In standard mode ,as free, with identical firewall settings ,everything was just fine. :)

It is missing some executables though ,not popping up connections regarding some executables.I have to manually add them in programs and then manually do the port rule.Mass Effect 1 and iSpy (the web camera stuff that monitors my car :) ) for example.

I ve had to also disable HIPS as it is conflicting with the Microsoft anti-virus or something.

25. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Online Armor by default auto trusts certain apps based on cloud information and also trusts apps with valid digital certificates.

You could try disabling both of them but you will have tons of pop ups. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.