Emsisoft Browser Security

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lucd, Dec 16, 2019.

1. lucd

lucd Registered Member

Probably old news but I found this extension for Chrome, Edge & Firefox which I though to share (I don't see it on Wilders which doesn't mean it can't be found if you dig) since I love Emsisoft
    I don't know much about it, only that it has fewer options compared to say malwarebytes extension,
    it has "block dangerous website" feature and a whitelisting/blacklisting method for webstites
    didn't spot any problem with the extension, exept I didn't warn me yet on anything suspicious

as per author description:

"Blocks dangerous websites that distribute malware and prevents phishing attacks.
    Emsisoft Browser Security protects you from bad websites and prevents phishing attacks without tracking your activity.

This privacy-conscious browser extension is lightweight and lightning-fast. It blocks access to websites that distribute malware and prevents phishing attacks that try to steal your passwords, while still giving you the flexibility to visit the sites you trust.

Emsisoft Browser Security uses privacy-conscious security technology, so it does not collect your browsing activity data. Your browsing history is your business. Keeping you safe online is ours.

No browsing activity tracking. Just security.

This is how it works:

Every time you visit a new website, it sends a calculated hash value of the domain name to our servers once, and then receives a list of matching patterns that are applied locally on your computer. Those patterns are then kept for successive visits of pages on the same host/domain, which not only significantly speeds up the matching, but also ensures that Emsisoft and its employees will never know what you’re doing on a particular website.
    "

it has 5/5 on chrome web store, but it is not popular yet

more detailed info here:
    https://help.emsisoft.com/en/1974/emsisoft-browser-security/

best regards

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

3. lucd

lucd Registered Member

that indeed is the case
    thx nd sry for double thread..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.