Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 12

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Sep 14, 2016.

1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Thank you :thumb:

2. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2...ware-emsisoft-internet-security-12-beta-test/

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/25555-beta-updates-–-2016-10-25/

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2...ware-emsisoft-internet-security-120-released/

With best Regards
    Mops21

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  3. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2...ware-emsisoft-internet-security-12-beta-test/

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/25585-beta-updates-–-2016-10-28/

With best Regards
    Mops21

4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2...are-emsisoft-internet-security-1201-released/

With best Regards
    Mops21

5. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

So far I am not particurly happy with this update, some of the issues as an example.

1 - The bug that took me a lot of effort to get them to fix in v11 where processes are not whitelisted on monitoring (already running when emsisoft starts) is back. Again support rep acting like he has no idea what I am on about but I have spoke to a dev now who I hope is working on it.
    2 - Performance seems regressed quite badly, v11 did slow things down but by an amount I could accept, v12 seems to really slow down installers (I think it runs installer in sandbox first) and on other stuff is hit and miss on performance over v11.
    3 - less fine grained control e.g. on v11 one could whitelist file scanning or process monitoring or both, now its both or none (wuth the process monitoring been buggy).
    4 - when disabling the enable real time scanning on startup on v11 it disabled everything so was good for diagnostics, on v12 even tho the GUI is not loaded, something is definitely still enabled because a2service has massive cpu usage still.
    5 - the gui is a lot more laggy to navigate, especially the behaviour blocker stuff.

6. fax

fax Registered Member

Actually version 12 works very well here. System is responsive, no perceived slowdown, no laggy GUI (that has actually improved), no issues with installers. For your n.1, never realised that there was a problem.Your n.3, can't comment, never needed to whitelist. This is on WIN10 AU 64bit.

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I don't see any problems with Win 7x64 here either

8. m0unds

m0unds Registered Member

*EDIT* Argh, wilderssecurity.com CSP keeps breaking the forum CSS for me.

I've noticed the whitelisting issue and the behavior blocker menu lag - takes 4-5 seconds to populate with applications. Haven't noticed overall performance regression, though.

Additionally, I noticed game mode started breaking update scheduling again. This was fixed after the first few bugfix releases for EIS11, but came back in EIS12.

9. chrcol

chrcol Registered Member

so thats 6 confirmed bugs then that were fixed in v11 but not v12.

10. hawki

hawki Registered Member

For a variety of reasons I wanted to do a clean re-install of EMIS 12.

I was not able to uninstall EMIS 12.

I get the Windows error message "file C:\Program Files\Emisoft Internet Security\unins000.msg is missing."

I could not fix the problem by reinstalling EMIS 12 over the current install because EMIS won't do that.

How do I fix this totally unacceptable issue??

I have no clue how/why that file went missing; no other program removed it; I do not clean my registry;NADA.

I upgraded from EMIS 11 to EMIS 12 via Update.

NB: Have posted in Emsisoft Forum but don't think support will be in until Monday and hoping someone here might have a fix.

Win 1067 64X OS

11. bigwrench9

bigwrench9 Registered Member

I've had to run emsiclean in the past............
    http://tmp.emsisoft.com/fw/emsiclean.exe

12. guest

guest Guest

You can try to install v12 in a VM, and then copy the unins000.msg from the VM to your real system.
    Now you have the missing unins000.msg.

If you look in the file there are only installer-related messages: "Inno Setup Messages" needed from the file "unins000.exe" for uninstalling the product.

13. Nitty Kutchie

Nitty Kutchie Registered Member

Please try the following:
    • click on the Start button.
    • Go to All Programs.
    • Go to Accessories.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in sc delete epp and then press Enter on your keyboard.
    • Restart your computer.

14. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Thank You bigwrench, mood, and Nutty:)

Had success with emsiclean, which for some reason Emsisoft says is high risk w/o the assistance of a support person.

15. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I too had to use Emsiclean and it worked fine.

16. bigwrench9

bigwrench9 Registered Member

:thumb:

17. boredog

boredog Registered Member

installed twice with same results. like previous poster, after install, I could not open a lot of programs and half of them never showed in tray. uninstall could not be done. had to restore an earlier image again. won't try this one again.

18. hawki

hawki Registered Member

FWIW: While Malwarebytes claims otherwise, the official position of Emsisoft Support is that Malwarebytes conflicts with EMIS cuz of it's driver. Just having MWB installed on your PC while not even running it in real-time is said to cause problems with EMIS.

EMIS has a high degree of compatability with most other add-on products. Malwarebytes is an exception.

Fact is you don't need Malwarebytes with EMIS, since EMIS detects PUPS, PUAs, Adware, has a top-shelf on demand-scanner (consistently has a 100% detection rate in AV-Comparatives Real World Tests), and excels at blocking Ransomeware.

If you want a second opinion on-demand scanner use Zemana (or Watchdog = same product) Anti-Malware which Emsisoft Support has said is compatible with EMIS.

EMIS has a high degree of compatability with other add-on security programs. Malwarebytes, according to Emsisoft, is an exception.

I have run EMIS with HitManPro Alert or MBAE and Watchdog (US re-branded Zemana Anti-Malware) Anti-Malware Real Time with no apparent issues.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  19. fblais

fblais Registered Member

Just EMIS or EAM as well?

20. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Dunno for sure, but I would assume both as the Anti-Malware component of EMIS and EAM are the same I believe.

But keep in mind that Malwarebytes has strongly expressed it's opinion here on Wilders, that there is no conflict. But I would go with the Emsisoft statement since EMIS is their product.

The above does not apply to MBAE whiich Emsisoft Support has white-listed in EMIS.

21. Peter2150

Interesting. I have 4 win 7x64 Pro systems under my winds. All 4 have EIS and Malwarebytes Pro on board with no conflicts.

22. itman

itman Registered Member

23. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Ah! That was the issue with Malwarebytes according to Emsisoft -- Malwarebytes was using an ELAM driver.

But again, Malwarebytes responded saying there was no conflict cuz of the use of ELAM drivers.

I remember this well cuz I had Malwarebytes on my PC at that time and immediately removed it after Fabian Wosar's post and did a clean re-install of EMIS.

24. hawki

hawki Registered Member

I have often wondered whether despite the fact that on the surface two anti-malware products appear to be functioning, e.g., they scan, their UI's appear to be correct, one does not give notice that it is blocking a process of the other, etc. ,whether or not under the hood they are conflicting in such a way so as to diminish the effectiveness of each other.

25. Peter2150

I've never seen any evidence of that.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.