Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 12

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mops21, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

2. guest

guest Guest

Shouldn't this be in the AV subforum?

Are there beta keys or if just an open beta with 30 day trial?

3. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

It should be, but because of the name "Anti Malware" I have seen that some threads of Emsisoft created in "other antivirus software" are moved to "other anti-malware software" subforum.

4. Disney

Disney Registered Member

I installed Beta on Windows 10. Now I cannot get anything to run. Anything I click gives me error messages. I cannot open anything. I want this off but, it is as though it's tenticles are all over my system. Ugh. I ran Betas all the time. Never any issue like this. Anybody have some advice on removing something that will not allow me to install or run anything at all. I can get it to boot to Windows and that is all

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Don't you have an image to restore your system. Never install beta's with out this.

6. Disney

Disney Registered Member

I cannot get to it. Thanks. On a separate hard drive. Cannot even run a disk. Never had any beta do this to me

7. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

8. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Boot into Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Emsisoft.

9. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Cannot boot into safe mode. Nothing works. Like everything is not recognized. Thanks guys. What a mess

10. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Did you try Emsiclean? I only responded because I had a disaster a while ago involving Emsisoft and couldn't uninstall it from Programs and Features.

https://helpdesk.emsisoft.com/Knowl...an-i-completely-uninstall-an-emsisoft-product

Edit to add: I disabled everything in the Emsisoft interface first: the firewall, etc. Are you able to disable all those features?

11. Peter2150

You can't boot into a recovery enviorment of an imaging program. That is almost hard to believe that it was caused by emsisoft

12. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Hard to believe? Yes. But, it happened. And thank you plat. Total mess. I could not do anything. I ended up dumping my free Windows 10 back to a new install of Windows 7. Took 6 tries before it recognized the disc player. Unreal

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  13. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

As much as we would like to offer some help, you seem like you shouldn't have tried messing with beta software in the first place. Beta software is "for testing" but rarely wreaks havoc such as rendering a system useless. It could've happened, but with that attitude of yours it looks like we will never know...

14. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Oh my lord, for a very small number of people, when EIS goes south for some reason, it's an ordeal, believe it. I also ended up doing a recovery/reinstall of Windows because somewhere Windows Defender and the firewall wouldn't open or activate despite Emsiclean's successful removal. I kept getting this insanely annoying error code with every boot/reboot.

Do you think you might be installing Windows 10 again sometime? You have to buy it though, right?

15. Peter2150

In all the beta testing I've done, I've seen stuff go south, but honestly I don't believe if you had an image on another drive and a recovery environment you can boot to I don't see how anything could prevent restoring. Something in this just doesn't make sense.

Disney could you tell us in detail extactly what image software you had you imaged the system with and exactly how the recovery environment was created.

16. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Hi plat. I think so. I am going to do the ISO file and should be able to use again. I talked with Emsisoft and got it worked out. I have beta tested for years. Never had something like this happen. Obviously there was a conflict. But, I have never seen anything like this. All is good now. By the way, Windows 10 I really like.

17. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

Does this version causes crashes in Chrome with Appcontainer flag enabled?

18. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

As far as my experience with both is concerned, I would say yes. :D
    Reported it already. And they said that they would look into it.

Edit: Oh! Sorry. You are referring to the Beta version. I was referring to the latest stable version. I retract what I stated.

19. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Well a beta isn't such a radical departure from the last stable version. The a2Guard is some kind of powerful, if by some off chance there happens to be an orphaned driver from certain other security software, they get in each others' hair and before you know it, your system is almost completely paralyzed. You can't reboot.:mad:

20. Peter2150

Not always true. A beta may have a new driver that if it has an uncaught bug can raise havoc.

21. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Oh, of course. Does the Emsi beta have a new driver? That would indeed set it apart from the last stable.

22. XhenEd

XhenEd Registered Member

It's through email for me. :)
    From the first link you gave, it appears that they already knew the problem before my report. :)

23. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

See the Changelog of the Emsisoft Anti-Malware and for the Emsisoft Internet Security 12 here

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2...ware-emsisoft-internet-security-12-beta-test/

With best Regards
    Mops21

24. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/2...ware-emsisoft-internet-security-12-beta-test/

With best Regards
    Mops21

25. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.